16. Apologies

Chapter 16: Apologies

"What's your brilliant idea that I will absolutely adore?" London retorted sarcastically, already hating were the conversation was going.

"You said that we can't remove the necklaces because the crazy witches will be able to track us, so technically neither your husbands can and they are not picking up the phone. Why don't we just visit any random witch and ask them to make a portal for us so we can go back home?" He suggested enthusiastically, his smile was spreading from ear to ear and his body could barely stay still as he shifted his weight on the bed; in overall, he looked like he just discovered the solution for world hunger.

"Are you naturally stupid or is it a personal effort you're putting there?" London's cold response came soon, crushing Milo's sweet victory and stealing the lights.

"First of all, witches and warlocks are not your fucking Uber. Not all of them are strong enough to create portals, especially ones that go that far... Even if, I doubt a powerful witch or warlo-..." London was cut mid rant when an idea popped into his head. "Actually, I take that back Milo, you're a fucking genius!!"

Milo looked at the older with knitted eyebrows and utter confusion, he had a very hard time keeping up with the fae's constant mood swings.

"You really should make up your mind..." Milo started to talk, ready to roast the indecisive man when he got interrupted.

"No no no, Milo, for once you weren't useless. I know someone in town powerful enough to help us." London beamed at his human companion who started to look skeptical of his own plan.

"Then... What are we waiting for?" Milo muttered reluctantly as he eyed London up and down.

London stopped pacing around the room at once and smirked while signaling to the door. "Let's go..."

-

After the two guys freshened up in the bathroom, they thanked their hosts for the night and Milo finally got a pair of shoes which he burrowed from Harold. London couldn't help the amused smile from playing on his plump lips as he watched the human swim in much bigger shoes, struggling to keep up by his side.

"Quit staring, freak." Milo huffed as they exited the restaurant with a fifty dollar bill burrowed from the old couple.

"You are just so small..." London carried on with his teasing as they walked down the packed streets.

It was past 5p.m, the streets that were once empty, had no space left on the sidewalk. People were rushing in every sense, others were walking slowly or in groups. The noise was coming from every side and the cars were honking every now and then.

Just as Milo looked up to give the annoying man a sassy reply, someone knocked his shoulder, almost sending him to the ground but London was quick to catch his waist, preventing the fall.

"Fucking watch out," London's playful mood dispersed as he hissed at the young man who walked into Milo.

The poor guy was almost shaking with his eyes bulging out and his mouth opening and closing like a fish in the water.

Milo's eyes squinted in confusion as he stared at the interaction. London however, didn't catch up on it. He kept his arm around the human's waist and dragged him away from the frightened passerby.

"What was that?" Milo whisper shouted, allowing the older to drag him along like a doll.

"He almost knocked you over... " London snapped, his grip on Milo's waist getting tighter.

"Ok, but ouch, let me go. I can walk alone." Milo complained, struggling to get away from the fairy's death grip.

"Apparently you can't," London's jaw tightened, putting his perfect jaw at display and making Milo feel a little bit more intimidated.