I Don't Fuck With Them Chickens

Chapter One: I Don't F*ck With Them Chickens

Bump. Spike. Trix... No, that can't be right. Bump. Spike. Chips... No, that's not right either. Why am I even thinking about food, I thought while shaking my pencil nervously in my hand. I was in gym and I was taking a written test on volleyball since it was obvious that I couldn't take a physical one and pass. I was not what you would call an "Athletic Girl"; I'm more of a "Book Girl" if you ask me. But, since I missed breakfast this morning I wasn't really on topic with what was at hand. While I sat on the bleachers with a piece of paper and a pencil; everyone else was on the court playing the said game I was taking a test on. It was great for me; I had the answers right in front of my face. But I couldn't really figure out the answers since I couldn't really figure out the game. Poop. I settled on choosing answer C which was "Bump. Set. Spike" it sounded dumb but it still made more sense than the other ones I thought of and saw.

Soon the period was over and people were exiting the gymnasium, I had finished the test ten minutes ago but decided to take the extra time to look over it. Even though it was gym and I hated it, it was still a class which I got graded on and I could not fail any of my classes. If I did my whole reputation and future would be ruined, I wasn't my sister who could get an F and take it as if it was just a piece of used paper.

My twin sister, Tessa, was one of the Bad/ Popular girls at my school. She dressed in tight jeans and revealing shirts with combat boots or heels/boots, she sometimes only went to eight classes a week if she was feeling generous. She liked hanging out with a gang called "KILL" which was an acronym for something I didn't know of, but the fact it spelled kill was scary enough. Her boyfriend, Brian, was part of that gang. She was always with him, either making out with him or just causing trouble. I didn't dislike him nor like him. He was just there, I didn't really know him that well to make a judgement.

My sister and I looked nothing alike, we were the definition of fraternal twins. I had long light brown hair with blue eyes and tan skin while she had jet black hair that she cut to touch her clavicle with green eyes and pale white skin. We kind of had the same body type except I was a little curvier than her in the butt and breasts department, something she would always call me out on. "With boobs and a butt like yours I would be wearing V necks and booty shorts every day. Why do you always have to wear those boring flower dresses and sweaters? Dress a little more provocative, it would do you wonders." What my sister didn't seem to understand was my idea of style and hers were very different.

"Hi, Blake, did you hear about the project we're doing in English today?" I looked up from my book to Lily's cheery face. Lily was my best friend; we've known each other since elementary school and have been stuck together since then. Lily was more outgoing, out spoken, all in all extrovert, while I was very quiet, shy and all in all introvert. Even though we were almost the exact opposites we still managed to be as close as sisters. Speaking of my sister.

"No I didn't, but did you see Tessa in Math class today." Lily shook her head sadly at me before patting me on my back.

"No, she skipped again; Brian wasn't there either so that's probably who she was with. Anyway, I heard that we're having a project based on some war thingy. I don't care what it's exactly about as long it has to do with fighting. I mean we get to read all the details about the bloody brawls, how fun is that." My face twisted in disgust as my friend began to impersonate a famous "brawl" as she calls them. My friend had this weird liking to violence that was associated with males, preferably ones with a lot of muscle and sweaty. She spent her weekends watching boxing and wrestling matches while eating popcorn and drinking 7/11 slushies. I had a strong suspicion that her interests weren't really in the fight or even the cause.