Seventeen

I found myself walking around the halls of the upper floor of the pack-house-- the floor that was elected for highly ranked pack members; Alpha's, Luna's, Beta's, and their families

Every packhouse had ranked floors in their pack houses, it helped the Alpha's and Luna's keep in touch with their pack members while also having a sense of privacy at the same time.

I walked through the empty halls with my mind continuing to wander away, and I let out a hefty sigh. It has been a while since I had some peace and quiet to myself ever since I came back.

Every second I was either surrounded by someone who wanted to comfort me to make sure I was OK after being thrown away like trash from my own pack.

Sometimes a girl just wants some alone time.

While walking, all I could think about was the little spat that Sebastian and I just had-- however, I couldn't seem to make myself see Seb as the villain in his scenario.

Was I simply using this mishap to stop thinking about Sebastian and I's mate conundrum?

I didn't know what to think anymore, and I was beginning to get a permanent headache the more I think about it.

I huffed one more time before making my way into the kitchen, gently pushing the doors open and letting the scent of disinfectant fill my nostrils.

As I walked in, my eyes set sight on the two individuals in the room, both laughing with one another and seemingly enjoying each other's attention.

Eli and Juliet.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" I blurted out, immediately covering my eyes as I sharply turned my back-- I felt like a child witnessing their partners' going at it like rabbits. Thankfully, all Juliet and Eli were doing were cuddling.

I heard a laugh from before me, Juliet's high-pitched while Eli's sounded husky and low. I didn't hear Eli laugh too often, however, I noticed how every time Juliet was around, he seemed to lighten up so much more.

Eli gave me very mysterious vibes.

"Don't worry Amelia, you're good!" Juliet called out from behind me. "You can turn around, we won't bite," She giggled. I turned around to see the couple now separated from each other's grasps. Eli broke his gaze from his mate and looked over to me, sending me a small smile and a stiff nod before leaning over and pressing a kiss on Juliet's temple.

"I'll see you later," He kissed her goodbye, before turning back to me. "Bye Amelia," He nodded once more to me before walking out of the room.

Damn, that man really wasn't one for chitchat.

"You hungry?" Juliet piped up, throwing a wide smile in my direction. Eli and I were definitely different-- but it definitely added to the fact that opposites do indeed attract one another.