Twenty Three

We all intently listened as Ashe claimed that the idea of stealing the Lotus pack was completely her idea and she had managed to will Chase into becoming the Alpha of the pack-- the power was clearly too much for her to ignore.

It angered me that Chase and many other men in the pack were so easily persuaded just by the idea of power. Their hunger for leadership is disgusting-- however, not as much as Ashe was beginning to disgust me now. 

"Wow, you're sounding real pathetic, having to steal to actually mean something to the pack," Tyla teased, and I couldn't help but smile and I turned to see Tyla smirking down at the woman stuck in the cell. 

Ashe glared at my new friend as her grasp tightened on the bars. "And who are you again?" She snarked at her. In response, Tyla sent her a sarcastic wide smile.

"I'm the one that sent you to sleep earlier," She sent the imprisoned woman wink before leaning back on her chair. "Do you need a reminder?" She cocked her head to the side and watched as Ashe continued to glare back at her.

Besides the slight argumentative moments between Tyla and I, she surely knew how to change people's opinion on her-- I've caught myself liking her then hating her in one same second. 

Despite that, I could tell that Tyla was a good-hearted person-- however, how good am I at the judgment of characters considering my past best friends happened to be Chase and Ashe is, at the very best 'questionable'.

Look where that got me in the end. 

There was a moment of silence before Juliet and Tyla excused themselves so Sebastian and I could finally be alone with the traitor that was Ashe.

Ashe looked over to Sebastian and I, glaring between the both of us. 

"And you both are still here, because?" 

Both Sebastian and I took a moment to send each other pointed looks before glancing back at our prisoner. 

"We just thought you'd like the company," I sarcastically retorted, giving the woman in front of me a dirty look. 

"And you thought that the best company would be you?"

"Well, I was your best friend-- some would call that the best company you could ever have," She snorted, a laugh erupting from her mouth as she laughed maniacally at me. 

"Oh please, best friend? You are a joke," 

I leaned my elbows on my knees and stared down at Ashe, who still stayed standing at the door of the cell with her fists wrapped around the bars. "Since you clearly can't stand me, why were you ever near me in the first place?" 

Ashe jolted the bars angrily, glaring daggers into my head as she spat out; "Because you stole my life," She snarled. My eyes widened at her words and I slowly lifted myself out of my chair and made my way closer to the cell.