Epilogue

Three-ish years later

Josie's POV

I sat at the table eating a piece of cake. I'm at the wedding of the century and I'm sitting alone at a table eating a massive piece of cake.

"Wanna dance?" I looked up and saw the smirking face of my ex-boyfriend.

"Not really." I shrugged.

"So, you're just going to sit there and wallow?" I glared at him.

"Yes, I'm going to sit here, eat this oversized slice of cake and think about how I am going to die alone." He sat down next to me even though, I didn't want him to.

"What are you talking about?"

"Look around, Leo, we created this incredible group of friends in college and they are all thriving. Beth and Landon have a beautiful little girl and managed to put together this gorgeous wedding in a month. Hayden and Kallie just bought a house. Bridget is in a loving relationship for the first time in her life and you're quickly climbing the ranks at your job. Then, there's me. I just seem like a giant loser compared to them."

"First, they all have their problems. Beth and Landon planned their wedding in a month because he knocked her up again and she insisted they be married before she becomes an unwed mother of two. Kallie has spent the last week in your guest room because she and Hayden have been fighting. Bridget's loving relationship has been on and off for the past three years. They aren't perfect. Plus, you just landed your dream job." I rolled my eyes.

"It's an internship, not a job and that doesn't make up for my lackluster love life."

"Jo, you're 23 for God's sake you have plenty of time to develop a love life."

"I'm going to get a drink."

"I'll come too." I shrugged indifferently.

"Suit yourself." I got to the bar and ordered a shot of tequila. Then another and another.

++++++++++++

I rolled over and groaned. I shouldn't have done so many shots. I reached over to grab my phone and check the time, only I didn't find my phone, I found a body.

My eyes shot open. I gasped as I saw the sleeping face of Leo, my ex-boyfriend. I lifted the blanket up and sighed at my distinct lack of clothing.

I got drunk and slept with my ex at one of my best friend's weddings.

This is why I don't drink tequila.

I leaned over and smacked Leo's head causing him to groan.

"What the hell Jo?" I stared at him expectantly.

"Did we seriously have sex last night?" He smirked and I smacked him again.

"What? I'm not really sure what happened after we stopped the tequila shots." I furrowed my brows starting to think.

"Oh God, I suggested mixing several different shots together to make a brand new type of liquor, didn't I?"

"Yep, you called it the Bandon Special. Since it was Beth and Landon's wedding. It was not good." I fell back and squeezed my eyes shut, really wanting to open my eyes and be alone.

"I can't believe that I had sex with you of all people. God, I hate myself." I flung my legs off the bed taking the blanket with me.

"Is sleeping with me really that bad?" He looked genuinely upset.

"Yes. It is." I couldn't help it as my eyes strayed to his uncovered body. I probably shouldn't have taken all of the blankets.

"Why? We are good together Jo." I scoffed.