Adhæsit

𝕴 found my laptop and files returned to my desk without so much as a note

𝕴 found my laptop and files returned to my desk without so much as a note. I slumped down on the chair and counted till ten.

So... I'd kind of maybe, definitely pissed off my boss.

I'd also kind of maybe, definitely had a very hot and steamy moment in the elevator with the same pissed of boss which could not and I could not stress this to myself enough, happen again. Ever. Period.

My eyes squeezed shut. What was wrong with me? God, he was my boss. My father despised him. He was seven years older than me. He. Was. An. Ass. All things I should have thought before I got lost in the memory of his stare raining down on me.

I didn't know what was more unbelievable to me—what I'd done or what he'd said. His words told me that he wasn't interested in my attentions. His body begged a different story—hot and hard, all because of me. We fought for power and control. But neither of us would admit that we were fighting over broken and fallen kingdoms. There was no sense in my reaction towards him. What he brought out in me, the fire, the desire, the passion... none of it made any sense.

"Daania?"

"Yes?"

"Are you okay?" this time the question came with a slight jostle of my shoulder.

"Yes, absolutely."

"Did he say anything? Are we on the right track?"

"We're on the right track."

"Oh. You don't sound so sure about it."

"Just not feeling so well. The whole thing was-" life changing? Earth- shattering? How to describe a feeling in a single word "Overwhelming."

"Yeah, he can be a little intense. It's that voice of his. It's so intimidating," a shiver crawled up my spine and I swallowed, knowing that my cheeks were on fire. "Did you see him?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean he usually doesn't turn on his video when we're presenting or he just sits in the shadows, so we can only see a brief outline of his face."

A face that was alarmingly close to mine...

"So umm... he's pleased with our progress so far. He does want the name of the particular company as soon as possible though."

"Honestly. If I hadn't signed that NDA and I wasn't afraid of getting sued, I would definitely write a book about this man and his strange requests."

My eyes blinked as light streamed out of the door at the end of the hall. "Can you speed it up?"

"It's a baiting program Daania. We have to wait for them to take the bait."

"Right."

"Which reminds me, have you got the clean energy analytics?"