Ch. 6 - Kiss

"SO, YOU AND ASHER are completely done? Like no second chances?" Vanessa asked me as I climbed into her car

I didn't feel like driving mine today. I am utterly exhausted mentally and physically. The whole weekend I have done nothing but cry and go for runs. My body feels drained, and I, honestly, don't want to go to school today, but I have a chemistry test today.

"Yes, Van. He used me for his perfect image. I'm an A plus student, captain of the soccer team, and I'm Vice President on the student body council. I was the perfect girlfriend," I explained once more.

Vanessa nodded, and the rest of the car ride was in silence. We turned into the school's parking lot, and I didn't see Asher's truck anywhere. Vanessa parked her car, and we both got out. A few people were standing around, talking to their friends.

But when I got out of the car, everybody was staring at me like I was crazy. They started whispering while their eyes stayed on me.

I looked down at my outfit to see if anything is on it. I was wearing black shorts, a white crop top, and a gray sweatshirt over it. And there was not one stain in sight.

"Why are they staring at me?" I asked Vanessa as we walked towards the school building.

Vanessa shrugged,"Maybe they found out what Asher did and feel bad for you. By the way, if I see him today, just know that he is getting a kick where the sun doesn't shine today."

I laughed with a shake of my head. "What am I going to do with you?"

She swung an arm around my neck as we walked through the halls to our lockers. We stopped at mine, and Vanessa went to her locker which was down the hall.

I put in my combination, and my locker popped open. I threw my bag in the locker, and I grabbed my supplies for my first two classes.

I shut my locker, and I looked to my left. All the color drained from my face, and I couldn't believe what I was seeing in front of me.

Asher was walking into the hallway, but with Brooke Cameron beside him. His arm was draped around her waist, and she was smiling at something Asher said.

Her long brown hair was curled, and her makeup looked flawless. Her brown eyes were warm and welcoming. She was dressed in light washed jeans that have holes in the knees with a dark green sweatshirt that had a brand name on it.

But it wasn't just a regular sweatshirt.

It was Asher's sweatshirt. I wore that sweatshirt here and there, but that's not the point.

The point is that he said that Brooke and him are just having sex, but it looks like a relationship from where I stand.

I felt tears prickled the back of my eyes, and Asher looked over at me. Then he gave me a smirk before kissing Brooke's cheek.

I quickly ran in the opposite direction, not caring about the weird looks I was getting from other people.

I wiped the tears that slipped from my eyes, and that's when I ran into a girl.

"Watch it, blondie," the girl snapped with a scowl. Her long light brown hair had pink streaks going through it, and her dark brown eyes glared at me.

I know this girl from somewhere.

Then it snapped.

The girl I ran into was Eliza Sloan. She is one terrifying girl. She went to juvie twice, and I heard that she almost killed a girl because the girl looked at her the wrong way.

"Sorry," I apologized, trying not to look her in the eyes.

"Annie?" Joshua's voice asked, making my head instantly snap up.

Joshua was standing beside Eliza with his locker open. He looked worried, and I tried to make it look like I haven't been crying.

"Joshua, hey," I replied, keeping my voice steady.

"Joshua, you know this girl?" Eliza asked before blowing a bubble from her gum.

Joshua nodded,"Yes."

Eliza pursed her lips before saying,"I'm going to go see what the other two dumbasses are doing. I'll see you in class."

Then she left, and everybody moved out of the way so they wouldn't run into her.

"I should go too. I don't want to be late for class," I told them, trying to get away from this conversation before I break down in front of Joshua who has already seen me break down a few days ago, but he doesn't need to see another.

I went to walk around Joshua, and he stepped in front of me. I went the other way around him, but he stepped in front of me once more.

"Annie, why are you crying?" Joshua asked, curiously.

I shrugged,"I read a sad book this morning."

Then I tried to dash around him, but he pulled me back by the waist. Next thing I knew my back was against the lockers, and Joshua had his hands on either side of me.

A blush crept on my cheeks, and fireworks went throughout my body. He smelled like mint, and it was devouring. My heart felt like it was beating out of my chest, and my legs felt like Jello.

"You're lying. You hate books every since you were little," Joshua argued before asking,"Why are you crying?"

Before I could try to come up with another lie, Asher and Brooke walked past us. I looked at Asher's face to see that he looked hurt, but he covered it up by a smile.

Why would he look hurt?

"That little shit," Joshua cursed, taking a step back from me.

I glanced over to see revere he was looking to that Brooke and Asher were kissing on the lips. My stomach twist and turned in knots, and I felt my heart shatter.

He doesn't deserve you. He is the one who cheated. You should hate him.

I do hate him, but it's not like my feelings disappeared overnight. They are still there, but he doesn't care.

He never will.

The hallways were filling up now, and everybody was looking at me before glancing at the lovely couple who were now making out.

Joshua looked back at me, and I felt my cheeks turn red from embarrassment.

Gosh I feel like a loser.

But then Joshua took a couple steps towards me, and my eyebrows furrowed together in confusion.

"Just play along, okay?" He asked, making me slowly nod.

Next thing I knew his lips crashed on mine.

And holy cheese balls.........

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey guys!!

Thoughts??

Sorry I haven't updated in a hot minute! I was extremely busy with homecoming and exams.

Also I'm thinking Joshua and Leah's ship name should be Parter or Joseah.

Which one would you guys prefer or if you have one leave it in the comments!!

⭐️ Vote & Comment ⭐️

•Kensli•