Ch. 31 - Goodbye Lisa

I STARED AT MYSELF IN MY MIRROR

I STARED AT MYSELF IN MY MIRROR. My skin was pale, and I had bags under my eyes from not sleeping at night. I had on a black dress, and my hair was curled.

My eyes were emotionless, and I felt like I was out of body experience. I looked away from the mirror before I starting crying again.

I walked back into my room, sitting on my bed. As I put on my heels, I remembered the details of her death.

She was heading home to eat dinner with Ross after he got off a long shift at the hospital. Amber was at a friends house having a sleepover. A deer jumped out in front of her, and she snatched the wheel, causing her to swerve. Lisa flipped the car three different times before it came to a stop.

The impact caused her neck to snap. She was dead within the second flip. Ross got an alert on his phone, saying there was a detection of a crash.

He called her cell multiple times before calling 911, telling them to meet him at her location. Ross pulled up in the scene before the police and ambulance did.

He pulled her out of the car, and he tried to save her. But she was already long gone. My parents informed me that three police officers had to tear him away from Lisa.

"Sweetie, are you ready?" Mom asked, bringing me out of my thoughts.

I looked over at her, eyeing her puffy eyes. Like me, she also had bags under her eyes from not sleeping. My heart aches for her because she just lost her best friend of thirteen years.

Like how does a person move on after that?

I know I couldn't. Even though me and Vanessa aren't really best friends anymore, if something happened to her, I would be broken.

"Leah?" Mom asked, bringing me out of my thoughts once more.

I nodded, not saying a word. I grabbed my bag and my phone before following her out of my room. We walked downstairs together, and we met Dad and Tim downstairs; both wore black tux.

Tim and I glanced at each other, still mad with each other. We haven't spoken one word to each other since the other day. I noticed the dark purple bruise on his jaw from Joshua's punch.

"Come on, let's go," Dad said, wrapping an arm around Mom's shoulders, bringing her close to him.

We all walked out of the house, and I looked to see that Joshua was walking up our steps. He was dressed in black slacks, a black undershirt, and a black blazer; no tie. His hair was combed back neatly instead of his usual messy hair. His eyes found mine, and I quickly made my way over to him.