ten

𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔢𝔫, LOOKING INTO THE PAST

"𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗐𝗈𝗋𝗅𝖽 𝖺𝗌 𝗐𝖾 𝗄𝗇𝗈𝗐 𝗂𝗍 𝗐𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗇𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝖻𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗌𝖺𝗆𝖾"

CASEY SAT IN THE POLICE STATION BATHROOM. SHE HAD BEEN STARING AT HERSELF IN THE MIRROR FOR THE PAST HOUR. LOOKING AT EVERY INCH OF HER FACE. she had so many questions. and none of them could be answered. her face was pale. she looked like shit.

and she felt like it too

she waited for her name to be called. they had to all be questioned. and she was the last on their list. sheriff goode knew that he would be getting a mouthful from the girl when she found out that they were blaming it on her brother and best friend.

but there was nothing he could do about it. people had questions, just like she did. blaming it on them was easier. for everyone except the people that knew what actually happened last night.

the door spelt opened as deena popped her head in. "goodes waiting for you". she half whispered. they hadn't talked much since last night. they were mostly all in shock at the events last night. casey nodded looking in the mirror one last time.

every couple of minutes casey would have to remind herself that they were gone. that they were dead. it didn't feel really to her. it felt like a dream. like she didn't actually know what was happening he was just going through the movements of the day as they went by.

"are you alright" deena asked concerned for her friend. "no, deena. i'm not alright. simon and kate are dead. they're not coming back! they risked everything for you. and they died in return!" she snapped. deena stared at the girl. she could tell she was trying everything to keep it together. "i'm sorry, that was unfair" casey muttered back.

"no it's ok. i get it."

"it's just like i keep turning around expecting to see them there, and they never will be again. and i've been at this police station all night. but i can't bare to go home and see all of simons stuff. his car. his room. i just can't deal with this"