Chapter 6

''Don't you DARE LAY A FINGER ON HIM !!'' Chuuya glared his deadly eyes at the scientist with flames of anger burning in them. Someone burst out laughing, one hand gripping his own shirt upon his abdomen while the other slapping his own knee as his body crouched a bit. ''Oooh that was intimidating~'' It was Kyora.

''I told you, you are p.a.r.a.l.y.s.e.d, which builds up the word 'paralysed' dummy,'' he mocked as he hummed sarcastically. Chuuya gritted his teeth so hard that he might actually hurt his own gums.

''You know, it's really fascinating how an ability can nullify another ability,'' Tsuki started. His eyes lost focus although they were still towards Chuuya, like he was lost in his own fantasy. ''Being an ability itself, yet denying the existence of abilities, aah the beautiful conflict, the perfect philosophy in it all.''

He forced himself back to reality as his eyes regained focus. ''You on the other hand, I would like to do some tests on your Arahabaki, but that can wait.'' He waved his hand, gesturing the other two to go with him while he walked towards the door. ''Enjoy your time here short boy,'' Kigami finished before he shut the door behind him with a loud clang echoing in the empty room Chuuya lied in.

Tsk if it wasn't for this stupid tube directing some weird liquid into my arm I would've had their skulls bashed in in no time. Damn it! Damn it! DAMN IT !!

Chuuya could feel his heart pounding harder than it was supposed to be. The brunet had a bull's eye on his back and he still hadn't known about it.

Who knows what that freaky guy will do to him in his ''experiment'' ? Dazai will either be tortured to death or live the rest of his life imprisoned in a lab...

Chuuya frowned hard. He had never felt this helpless. He didn't know what else to do except hoping that his partner would not get caught.

*

''A scientist ?'' Mori tilted his head looking at Dazai who stood before him. ''Yes. According to my contacts, a scientist had been looking for mercenary for hire on the Dark Web a month ago.'' Mori nodded before he asked, ''What does this have to do with Chuuya-kun missing ?'' Dazai sighed lightly before he continued.

''This scientist, he wasn't only in search for mercenary. He also hired a team of two to help him in achieving something. I did my research. Turns out, that duo's expertise is kidnapping without any sign of struggling from the victims. So seeing that the blood on the fabric I found belonged to the bartender instead of Chuuya, I think he's been kidnapped after the bartender had been killed.''

Mori took a glance at his desk, taking in the information before speaking, ''We haven't received any calls from them requesting for anything, so Chuuya-kun isn't a hostage against us.''

Dazai nodded and narrowed his eyes, emotion couldn't be found in his eyes. ''Apparently, the scientist experiments on ability users, the more special ones. So it's possible his aim is on Arahabaki. Plus, there was intel directing to Chuuya being one of his targets. I've had one of my contacts hack into a Dark Room the scientist seems to be having a meeting in, with his fans. She'll disguise as one of them and try finding out if Chuuya is in the scientist's hands or not. She'll call me as soon as she gets the ans--''

Vibration could be felt against his hip. It's his phone. ''Ah it's her.'' Without the need to ask, Mori nodded to give permission for Dazai to answer the call. A minute has passed. ''Alright, I owe you one,'' Dazai finished as he slipped his phone back into his pocket.

He lowered his head a little with his eyes closed for a moment before looking at his boss again. ''They have Chuuya.'' Mori sighed dramatically and groaned. ''Well then we have to get to his rescue before things get any worse.''

*

''Hi~Chuuya, I'm here to check on my little lab rat,'' Tsuki hummed as he walked into the room. ''Also, I'm here to inform you of something exciting.'' His eyes glowed as if he found treasure. ''Your friend will be joining us as of tonight,'' he announced as a creepy grin spread across his face. At this point, he definitely looked like a pervert picturing an erotic scene.

Once he heard the man, Chuuya's anxiety rose as he yelled at the scientist's face, ''SCREW YOU YOU BASTARD !! I WILL KILL YOU, I SWEAR !!''

Tsuki chuckled. ''And how exactly are you gonna do that, noisy brat ?'' He shifted his gaze from Chuuya's eyes to his feet, examining the held captive, and back to his eyes. ''Be patient. You're next after him. I'll eventually get to you, maybe after...a week or so.'' He shrugged with a sly smirk before leaving Chuuya alone again.

Right before he stepped out the door, he turned around to the teenager one last time. ''People say we should save the best for the last, but I disagree to that you know? You can never be sure when exactly will be your last, so why not do it the other way around ?'' The heavy door was locked behind the laughing adult as Chuuya tried all he could to get his body moving, but to no avail. ''DAMN IT !!''

*

Dazai was walking down the dimly lit streets. It was raining. Water drops hit the rooftops of the row of shops along the streets, making rhythmic sounds, giving the people who walked in the cold some comfort. Same goes the rhythm on the black umbrella Dazai was holding. It was peaceful. Most people had already gone home, especially when it was a raining night.

But little did he know, the claws of danger was already creeping up to his back. He turned into a dark alley, which lead to a bar he had recently started to patronize in light of meeting up with a friend. He was not far from the bar when a little boy ran past him, his little arm scarcely hitting the brunette's hand before vanishing into another cornering further in the alley.

Dazai continued his journey when his vision became burdensomely unclear within seconds. He immediately lost his grip onto his umbrella as soon as his head started hurting, a highly pitched ringing noise screaming inside. Warm liquid dripped onto the floor.

Blood, from a cut on the back of his hand where the boy had just hit. He couldn't keep his balance any longer. His knees eventually gave up, and everything went black.