⠀⠀13. for you, anything⠀⠀

RANPO DIDN'T TYPICALLY bother with offering others help

RANPO DIDN'T TYPICALLY bother with offering others help. It used too much energy and he never got anything out of it. Not to mention, it was completely and utterly boring.

But... for Y/N, he would.

The detective sat on his chair, legs propped up on the desk as he indulged himself in a lollipop, simultaneously playing Candy Crush on his phone while he waited for a certain co-worker of his to arrive. Ranpo started the next level, glancing at the number of moves he had—forty-five. Great.

He only needed one.

With a single swipe, Ranpo cleared the ninth level that day (proof of how bored he was), then looked over at the clock. He let out an "ugh" when he saw how painfully slow the second hand was moving. Where was his colleague? He'd been waiting for five minutes already. He couldn't take it any longer. He groaned and shut his phone, closing his eyes and setting his chin on the table in agony.

It was safe to say that Edogawa Ranpo was not a patient person.

However, just when the detective was sure he couldn't possibly wait any longer, Kenji walked in with his usual, bright smile plastered on his face.

"Good morning, everyone!" he cheerfully said, a chorus of greetings reverberating through the room in response as he began to make his way towards his desk.

The dark-haired detective's face lit up as he recognised the voice, and he lifted his head and called out the boy's name just as he passed by him, grabbing his attention. "Kenji!"

The blond came to a stop in front of him. "Yes, Ranpo?"

Ranpo leaned forward in his seat and placed his feet back on the ground, eyes opening. "Do you mind doing me a favour?"

His legs were going to fall off—Ranpo was sure of it. He'd been walking for at least an hour now.

Luckily for him, Kenji had happily accepted the favour he needed upon hearing about Y/N's situation. Unluckily for him, Kenji had decided that the best way to spread the word of Y/N's bakery was—

"We'll just take a short walk! Whenever I go out, I come across so many people that getting to the convenience store that's five minutes away takes half an hour!"

Ranpo wasn't sure that was something worth saying with a smile...

Regardless, that was how they had ended up here—walking through the market, being stopped by just about every other person that passed them...

... And here came another.

This time, Ranpo didn't suppress his groan.

"Kenji!" A balding man seemingly in his early forties exchanged a friendly high-five with the blond boy and jumped right into a conversation.