It's Time

I love those people you can joke around with and have so much fun with and then have a deep conversation with and it's not weird at all. 

"Nick! She's coming!" Leilani yelled from their bedroom. 

"I'm coming!" Nick yelled, running through the house. 

They had just gotten settled into their new house a few weeks ago and had just put the final touches on their daughter's nursery that weekend. As Nick came running into their large white stone bathroom, he found the water in the tube already running and Leilani was holding out her phone. In his panic, Leilani already had their bathroom for a home birth before he'd even gotten to her; all that was left to do was call the midwife. 

"Mom, Jem has gone into labor" Nick rushed, once she had picked up

"I'll be over in a few minutes, Mijo, how far along is she?" Aida asked hoping in her Rhino to drive up to the house. 

"How far along, Mi Amor?" Nick asked, putting Aida on speaker. 

"My water broke, Mama" Jemisha ground out as another contraction hit. 

"I'm almost there, Mija, I've done this twice and helped a lot of women do this," Aida reassured, hearing the fear in LJ's voice, "Everything will be alright, I promise you." 

"Open the door please, Nicholas, I need to hear the waves" Leilani whispered trying to calm herself. 

Aida came through the corridor that lead to the master suite to the sound of her daughter-in-law's groans of birthing pains

Aida came through the corridor that lead to the master suite to the sound of her daughter-in-law's groans of birthing pains. Jemisha had come down to Panama and found where Aida had been hiding all these years before Nick was sent to O'ahu. Hearing the woman who had saved her life in pain, broke Aida's heart as she padded through the quartz hall, with floor-to-ceiling glass walls. The usual peace in the house seemed to shatter the closer Aida got. 

"Mama" Jem cried as soon as she saw her mother-in-law. 

"Oh baby you're okay" Aida smiled finding Jem clutching the edge of her tub. 

"Should she be in this much pain?" Nick asked, worried about his wife. 

"Tu Esposa is fine, Mijo," Aida chuckled at her son, "My girl, it looks like you've been ignoring active labor for a while. LJ you're already 10 centimeters. You're little girl is going to be here soon."