22.

*** The next morning ***

I wake up in the bed alone, even though I went to sleep last night with Rafe next to me. I hear chattering outside of my room.

I yank the bedsheets off me and walk straight out of the room, not caring that I'm only in my underwear and crop top. I swing open the door and walk out a little until I see Rafe, Pope and Kie sitting on the couch, all drinking coffee.

"Good morning." I say, leaning against the bathroom door frame with my arms crossed.

Rafe turns around and his eyes are widened, but only because of my outfit. He takes a look at Pope to see if he's gawking but he isn't, Pope is respectful.

"Good morning. Want some coffee?" Kie asks.

"No thank you." I say and walk into the bathroom. I shut the door and lock it.

I lean against the door and sigh. Don't get me wrong, I'm super happy that Rafe is finally getting along with my friends but he and Kie are acting very strange to me. I don't want to say that I'm jealous but I kind of am. Rafe is the hottest person in Outer Banks and I'm just blah. I'm no special girl and I can easily be dropped and replaced by somebody like Kie.

When I hear footsteps I quickly turn on the shower so nobody tries to talk to me. After watching it run for a few minutes I decide it's best to get in and not waste the water for nothing.

Showers are normally so relaxing and helps take my mind off almost everything, but today it's just not working. All I can think about is Rafe and Kie going behind my back. I hate to think that because Kie is my sister and I don't think she would ever do that, now Rafe, I don't want to think he would but I honestly don't think it would surprise me if he did.

Once I get out of the shower I wrap a towel around me and rush into my bedroom again. I shut the door and drop the towel on the floor. I look at myself in the mirror and sigh.

Am I sexy enough for Rafe? Does he like the way my body looks? Should I try a little harder?

My thoughts are interrupted when Rafe opens the door and quickly shuts it behind him when he sees my naked body. He stands there with the classic smirk on his face, which almost makes me forget all the questions I just had about myself.

"You were up early." I say, moving to my closet to pick out an outfit for the day. Rafe's eyes follow me everywhere around the room.

"Yeah. I was awake and heard Kie walking around so I got up, I didn't want to wake you up." He says.

"Oh, so when did Pope get here?" I ask.

"Just before you came out." He replies.

The thought of Rafe and Kie alone makes me want to vomit. I know that I'm overreacting but I also know how hard it is to resist Rafe, especially when alone with him.

The silence is loud in the room and I want it to be over but I can't find the right words.

"Sarah is having a party at the house tonight." Rafe finally says.

"Oh nice." I say.

"You're coming right?" He asks.

"Of course. Is everybody coming?" I ask.

"I invited Kie and Pope earlier." Rafe said and I nod.

I turn away to change into my outfit, I don't want him to see the look on my face whenever he mentions Kie.

I hate the fact that I overthink every situation, but I think it's something I do because of my parents. They were hard people to trust and they made living here with them so difficult.