Chapter - 7

It took us two months to device a plan. The delay was exclusively my fault because I wanted to make sure the accusations Riya and Arnav made at Aunt Sim were true.

After a month of research and spying, to my utter disbelief, the accusations were proved to be true.

The revelation that I was kidnapped, not adopted, hit hard. The woman I have been treating more than my own mother was actually my kidnapper, and not to mention a rogue who was the Alpha of a pack of rogues running an illegal business.

Moreover, we found how many more werewolves were kept in the pack without their will or were living on false hopes of a better future.

A pair of twin werewolves, who had lost their parents in a rogue attack, were taken up by Aunt last year. Aunt promised to educate them in our pack.

My recent enquiry revealed that they were never sent to school or given any education even inside the pack house. Instead the 9 year old twin boys were engaged in household chores everyday. Deep would train them to fight as soon as their first shift takes place.

The same was the state of the rest of the school going population, either engaged in pack chores or preparing for missions. They were trained hard each day to fight.

Most of the adult population were either in on the game willingly or out of fear and necessity.

The most shocking fact was that except for a handful of people, I knew none of the pack member's names. I barely recognized half the people living in the house, while all of them knew me and my status real well. All of them reported that from the moment of their arrival, they were forbidden by the Alpha to ever talk to me. Some didn't even know Aunt Sim or Deep's name and only referred to them as Alpha female and Alpha male.

The newfound knowledge hit me in the gut. It was like an awakening slam on my head. I needed time to process everything. The hatred towards the woman who raised me, betrayal, guilt of being ignorant for so long, the urge to break free of Sim's prison of fake affection, and the need to help the innocents she's captured all crowded up my mind at once.

I spent the next couple of weeks at Ishani's with the excuse that Tanmay and I wanted to go camping. Tanmay departed halfway saying he had some important matters to sort out. I didn't ask further noticing the flick of amber in his usually glowing orbs.

Ishani's father, Mr. Dushyant Pathak, was very tolerant of my presence under the same roof as her daughter's, even though he was the most overprotective father that I knew of, after I told him of my recent discoveries.

"Be strong, son. I have told you that Aunt of yours held a terrible respect around here but you were blindsided by her pretense. Now that you know, when are you planning to evacuate? I'll be happy to help, not with the luggage though." He had a thing for cracking jokes at serious moments.

"That woman won't let you go that easily, by the way. She had kept you all these years. There's something she desires from your presence." He warned me.

I was thankful for his cooperation as he didn't freak everytime Ishani and I shared friendly touches.

Halfway through the first week, I started composing myself and began to think of a way out of the prison I previously called home. But everytime a plan plopped up, the sad, innocent faces of those werewolves in a pack full of rogues flashed upon my eyes. By the end of the first week I got a call from Arnav.

"Sim is freaking us out and herself. Give her a call pretending you are still an Aunt's boy or we won't survive another day." He said and disconnected immediately.

I called Aunt that evening, pretending like I still worshiped her. Her agitated tone relaxed by the end of our deliberate conversation. I nearly smashed the phone hearing her pretentious words of care.