Chapter 25

ELENORA

I move in front of Mostro. "You're not touching him."

The one who appears to be the leader, side-eyes the men who are with him and begins laughing; they join in. The door behind us opens as the men who were chasing us are piling out of the door now, too.

"You don't give the orders around here, bitch." The leader lifts his hand holding a gun, aiming it at me.

"No? You're obviously someone's bitch though." I keep my eyes steady on him and then look at the rest of the men, trying to see what my chances are, it doesn't look good.

The very real possibility that I'm going to die crosses my mind, but I push the cold fear away. "There's something about you that screams you like to take it up the ass." I cock my head to the side as I look at him. "Yeah, it's the way you stand, got fucked by your daddy before you came here, right?"

One of the men next to him snorts and he turns his head to glare at him before he shoots him. His body crumbles to the ground.

Okay, that was unexpected.

Stay calm, Nora.

The leader gives a subtle nod with his chin and the men who came out of the storage facility move in on us. I shove them back, but then I'm backhanded. They begin to drag Mostro away, while they pull me in the opposite direction. "Let me go!"

The sound of several tires squealing makes everyone stop and then bullets start flying again. I foot stomp the man holding me, then junk punch him before kneeing him.

I run towards the men who are dragging Mostro and launch myself on the back of the one holding him and start punching his head and his back. He drops Mostro and begins grabbing at me, to get me off of his back.

Mostro leans up against the building and shoots at him causing him to fall and I jump off of him. I check his back and feel a gun under his coat jacket and pull it out. "Get out of here, Nora." Mostro grimaces in pain, breathing heavy.

"I'm not leaving you."

Two more men come towards us and I aim and shoot. Mostro aims on our other side and shoots down another guy.

"We need to move, we're in the middle of the crossfire. Do you see Rico?" He pushes himself up more against the building. His pant leg is soaked with blood. I vaguely remember some basic tips Jackie has shared with me and I pull at his belt, undoing it.

"What the fuck?"

"I'm making a tourniquet; you're losing too much blood. Get your head out of the gutter!" I pull at his belt and then wrap it around his thigh. "This might hurt." Not knowing if that's true or not, I cinch the belt around his leg; he groans, following it with a caravan of swear words that would make my mom pass out.

I guess it does hurt.

"Elenora!" Rico's voice breaks through the loud gunfire; I turn to see him running towards us. He's flanked by several men, as they aim and shoot their guns at the other men that come at them and then they begin fighting.

Rico moves quickly, it's like watching an action movie in person. He's obviously had some training as I watch him fight fluidly with each kick and punch. He deflects the hits and attacks coming at him expertly.

My attention is pulled away from Rico when something hard is pressed against the side of my head, followed by the unmistakable sound of a gun being cocked. "Get up or your friend gets a bullet in his head."

My heart is pounding in my ears. Rico is still fighting with his men to make their way to us, but he's not going to get to us in time.

I slowly stand and the gun in my hands is ripped away from me. Another couple of guys move in and grab Mostro pulling him to stand; they take his gun as well before they begin punching him. "Stop it!" I yell and move towards him, but I'm held back by my hair.