9 | lima loser

last happy chapter then r.i.p desse. or jan? spy hands? jazz kid? what's the ship name here?

Dan was perched on the vanity table in Kurt's room, smiling encouragingly as Carole led Finn down the steps, his eyes shut

"Is there a car down here for me?" Finn asked, smiling hopefully.

Dan rolled her eyes, doing her best to not laugh and alert Finn to their presence. God, that boy was dumb.

"Honey, we're indoors," Carole said gently.

"Oh," he mumbled. "Okay."

"And open your eyes," Caroline instructed, stopping Finn in place.

As Finn took in the room, Dan bit her lip nervously. There was a giant "Welcome Home" banner, and she, Kurt, and Burt were there to greet him.

"Sparkling cider?" Kurt offered, not even really giving Finn time to process.

"Welcome home? But who went somewhere?" he asked, frowning.

Carole grinned as she hugged Burt tightly. "Burt asked us to move in with them."

Finn's eyes widened at the news — he would've preferred a car. "And this is how you're telling me?"

There was an uncomfortable silence for a moment before Kurt spoke up. "The party is my idea. If you're gonna say something, say it loud, right?"

"Yeah. It's gonna take some getting used to, but trust me, you're gonna love it, okay? Now you don't have to drag your tail over here every time you want to watch something on the old fifty-five-incher," Burt told him, smiling. "We got a lot of food — some ethnic food. It's some ethnicity, that's not ours."

"Tuna crudité," Kurt corrected. "It's not ethnic."

Finn sought out Dan, hoping that she could sympathize with him. She simply smiled sadly, letting him know that they could talk about it later.

"Finn, this house is twice as big as ours," Carole told him. She knew he wasn't psyched about the news, but wanted to make it better. "It has two bathrooms."

"Two and a half," Burt corrected.

"I don't want an extra bathroom or a tuna crude. I just want my house back," Finn said, continuing to grow more upset.

"I think I know what this resistance is about," Kurt said gently.

"I don't think you do," Dan whispered where no one could hear her.

"Our room," Kurt continued. "And I couldn't agree more. The palate in here is totally unflattering to your skin tone. Not everyone can pull off Dior gray. We need to redecorate."

"Wait, we're sharing a room? I'm not cool with that!" Finn shouted.

"Baby, I know it's weird, okay? But it can't be much of a surprise. And, in time, you're gonna be as happy as I am," Carole told him gently.