Chapter 9

Eros's Pov:

The past couple of weeks have not been easy. I constantly have to keep Aurora where I can see her so she doesn't hurt herself. If I thought that Apex was self-sabotaging this is a whole new level. It doesn't help that she constantly switches between being completely silent and spewing at me about her sexual history.

Aurora is currently ignoring me from the corner of my office while I work on paperwork. She sits braiding and unbraiding the ends of her hair while she ignores me. She's it's in one of my old hoodies that almost be a dress on her.

I did try and get her new clothes but, she refused every piece of clothing I offered her. By the end of our outing, she started stripping in the middle of the very packed mall and got us kicked out. I only managed to get her a few articles of clothing so she mostly just wears my clothes. I don't much mind this, her wearing my clothes helps keep me calm when she talks about her history.

I think she tells me to make me jealous but, my anger comes from my desire to protect her rather than possess her. She doesn't seem bothered by anything she says but, I have a bad feeling about it.

The first time she told me my wolf almost marked her. It took all of my restraint to not claim her that day. My beast has still been screaming at me ever since then.

I feel a migraine starting to build behind my eyes. My grandmother luckily went to bed at about six so just have to finish some licensing and zoning paperwork before bed. I sigh and try to keep focused on the work while still glancing up at Aurora every so often.

"I'm bored", she says. Her voice surprises me. I look up again from the documents to see her still playing with her hair.

"I'm almost done", I say, "we can go to bed soon".

"I don't care about soon I'm bored now".

I groan at her antics and feel the migraine coming at me full force. I don't understand why she's like this. I know this situation wasn't her choice but, it's an objectively better arrangement than what she just came from.

"Then find something to entertain yourself with", I say before going back to my work.

"You're not much of a conversationalist", she says. I decide it best to ignore her. I hear her huff but, she leaves me alone.

I have one last paper to get through when I notice a strange scent. There's something musky and sweet in the air. I look up again hoping to find the source. I quickly realize it's coming from her. She's leaned back in her chair with her eyes closed and a hand moving between her legs.

"What the fuck are you doing?", I shout. Her eyes open and she smiles at me but, she doesn't stop.

"I know you're a virgin but, I didn't expect you to be this innocent", her voice comes out breathless in her gratification.

"If you want I don't mind giving you a closer look", her mouth forms an O as she finishes her taunt. I stare at her for a long time my migraine hitting new heights. I just can't deal with her or anything else at the moment.

I stand from my desk and head for the door. She perks up as I pass her but, I don't give her any mind. I decide to just go to bed.

I flop down in my bed, still clothed, and close my eyes. It's nice when I get these small escapes from my life. I don't think I like my life very much.

The break is over when I feel a weight settle next to me in the bed. Maybe if I pretend to be asleep she'll just lay down and not bother me. I know I'm out of luck when I feel the sparks start. She's tracing the strip of my back where my t-shirt rode up some. She lays her hand flat and pushes it under the fabric. It feels kind of nice. I feel myself relax as she rubs my back. It feels so nice I don't notice she's pushing my shirt up.

"Roll onto your back", she whispers.

"Why?".

"I want to make you feel good", she says. I groan but, do as she says hoping she'll just continue doing as she was.

Once I'm on my back she immediately straddles my waist and pulls off my shirt. She puts her hands onto my shoulders tracing my muscles down to my chest and back up again. The pain subsides a bit.

I'm half asleep when she starts to explore my abs. It starts innocently enough and it still feels nice. I don't question her actions until I feel her start to grind on me.

"What are you doing?", My voice comes out deep with fatigue.

"I just want to make you feel good", she says seeming to mistake my grogginess for something else. I open my eyes to see her undoing the strings of my sweatpants.

I grab her by the waist in a firm hold, "stop". I push her off to the other side of the bed, roll over, and hope she'll leave me alone.

"What is your problem!", She loud voice hurts my head even more. I shove a pillow over my head to block her out.

"Am I not good enough?", she asks, "why won't you just fuck me already?". She punches me squarely in the back.

"It's because I'm a whore right?", she asks for the thousandth time.

"Stop", I say.

"What cause it's true?", she asks. I roll around to pin her to the bed. She stares up at me with an ever defiant look on her face.

"I know you are so much more than that under all your hatred and I want so much more from whoever that is than sex", I say, "now let me sleep".