Chapter 3 (Amy) (Edited)

*****Edited by krisgee*****

2011 © All Rights Reserved

Chapter 3- Amy

            I walked in the classroom shaking with fury.  Sitting down at my usual seat I ceremoniously dumped my book bag and purse by my desk.  I quickly glanced up at the board and reviewed the day’s assignments before groaning internally.  I covered my head with my hands and dropped them down to the desk.

            Why did I let him get to me like that?  He doesn’t even know me.  Who the hell does he think he is?  Question after question rambled through my brain about the mysterious new student who has conveniently found a first class way to piss me off on the first day of my senior year of high school.  I heard the chair to the desk beside me scratch against the floor and peered above my hands to see my cousin, Tabby grinning like an idiot.

            “Hey, have you seen the new man candy?  Everyone is talking about how hot he is,” she said excitedly.

            I dropped my head and decided to ignore her.  Instead I pulled out my notebook and started to write down the assignments on the board. Tabby was having none of that.  She jumped on my desk and flicked my pony tail to gain my attention. 

            “Aw, come on Amy.  You have to start dating this year.  Who goes all the way through high school without dating at least one boy?  Why not call dibs on the new guy.  You are one of the prettiest    girls in the school and you’re the Alpha’s daughter.  There is no freaking way he could resist you.”  The chatter in the class immediately died and we both turned our head towards the door to see the         new “man candy” walk in the room.

            “Aw, damn”, I muttered.  Tabby turned her head back my way and mouthed, “Wowzers, look at the butt on him”. 

             I rolled my eyes at her before replying.

            “He’s nothing but a stuck up arrogant prick just waiting for all the girls to swoon over him.  Look at them; they need bibs to collect the drool dripping from their mouths”.

            Tabby chuckled at my summation of Mr. Man Candy.  I couldn’t help but secretly admire how good he looked especially in those tight fitting wranglers and leather boots.  The way that shirt stretched just right to show off his broad chest made my stomach do funny flips.  As he approached the desk that I was sitting in I held my breath.  No way would he sit near me after what he had said this morning.  He was now standing right above me and man, he smelled delicious. I turned my gaze to the book on my desk, trying to make myself look busy when I felt his warm breath blow against my ear.  My body automatically tingled with anticipation and I froze.

            His voice, which was smooth as warm honey tickled my senses. 

            “That would be Mr. Stuck Up Arrogant Prick to you, Princess.”  I felt a sharp little love bite on the tip of my ear lobe and squealed in reaction.  My eyes flew up to meet his dark chocolate ones and I gasped at the gall of the boy.  He gave me a confident smirk and then strolled casually to an empty seat in the back of the room.  I slapped my hands down on my desk out of annoyance causing Tabby to jump. 

            “Agghh, he sure has some nerve,” I grumbled right before Mr. Knight walked into the classroom.

            Tabby slid off my desk and sat down in the chair beside me.  I could feel eyes watching me, studying me.  I kept my gaze forward and tried really hard to listen to Mr. Knight’s lecture on the Bill of Rights.  His smell was all that I could focus on.  What was it about him that made me so crazy?  I refused to turn around and look at him.  I would not give him one minute of that simple satisfaction.  The tiny hairs on the back of neck prickled and I knew immediately that he was watching me.  The electricity between us was humming in the air.