Chemistry

Meghan's POV

It was Friday and I was getting ready to start heading over to the AAC for the Stars game. Since I started going to hockey games again, I felt less stressed and after the game either all of us would hangout or I'd just hang out with Tyler. With them having road games the past weekend and then having a road game on Wednesday, while I was super busy at work, really made all my stress build up and push me almost to my breaking point. Luckily, Tyler knew what to say to calm me down a little and it helped that we talked constantly. I would always text Kelli whenever I felt super stressed and needed someone to keep me from having a mental breakdown, but the one time I was on the verge of one, I knew she was busy with Taylor and work that I didn't want to bother her so I called Tyler and honestly, he's been the first person I think of to call whenever I know it's about to happen. He truly did become my best friend down here in Dallas and I really don't know what I would do without him.

I was really looking forward to our lazy weekend. Since we got closer, every once in a while, we would have a lazy day where we'd watch movies and just hangout in order to take a break from our hectic lives. We haven't had one in a while though since both our schedules have been crazy busy and I was really happy he suggested it because I really needed it.

The Stars were playing the Leafs and I was looking forward to seeing some of their players. Tyler has been struggling the past couple games so I was really hoping this game would be better for him. I knew he was beating himself up about it and I encouraged him to continue playing hard and eventually, everything will fall into place.

The Stars were able to score early and kept the lead the entire game. They ended up winning 4-2 and thankfully Tyler had two assists, one on a goal from Jamie and then another on Eakin's goal. I was hoping that would raise his spirits a bit but I knew he wanted to at least get a goal but this was a step in the right direction.

I went down to wait outside the locker room and as I waited, I started talking to Abby Sharp. The more Tyler and the guys brought me around the team, the more I found myself hanging out with Abby at events. We instantly got along and their daughters took a liking to me as well so I would always play with them whenever we waited for the guys to come out.

"So, what do you guys have planned for tonight? Are you all going out to the bars?" Abby asked me.

"No, work has been kicking my butt so Tyler suggested we just have a chill weekend so we're just hanging out at his place and watching a bunch of movies." I answered.

"That honestly sounds like so much fun. I wish we could do that but the girls wanted to go to the zoo this weekend so that's our plan." She said, as we both turned to look at the two girls running around chasing each other.

"The zoo sounds like so much fun." I smiled.

"Can I ask you something?" Abby asked, turning to me. I nodded. "What's going on with you and Tyler?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, looking at her confused.

"You two are always together and there's this chemistry between the two of you." She said, nudging me a bit.

"Chemistry?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at her.

"Yea, Chemistry." She laughed.

"No, he's my best friend. That's all." I laughed and shrugged my shoulders a bit.

"You sure?" She asked, smiling at me as if I was hiding something.

"I'm sure. We're just really close friends." I laughed.

As we were talking, Patrick came out and was saying hi to the girls before coming over to us. I said bye to the Sharps after Patrick told me Tyler wasn't too far behind. I stood there thinking about our friendship and what Abby asked and I couldn't help but wish she was right about me and Tyler being more than friends but I knew that was a long shot. He was always such a flirt, that's just how he is, it means nothing, unfortunately. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have any feelings for him but I do my best to keep my feelings in check. It sucks but I cherish his friendship more than anything so I don't want to risk it. I'm just looking forward to spending all weekend with him.