xxiii.

HI EVERYONE!!! I am so beyond thankful for the amount of reads and votes that this story is recieving! Sorry for being inactive </3 I've had a few family issues I had to deal with that made me put off writing. But I'm back and stronger than ever! 

Happy reading! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do you think that she'll like it?" Eleanor asked as she finished hanging up a paper butterfly that twirled in the wind. 

"Oh she'll love it Elle, don't worry." Gilbert smiled and placed a kiss to her cheek, grabbing her hand and pulling her over to the table of refreshments. 

Soft music was playing from the record player that sat neatly on the table, Mr Cuthbert was kind enough to help with fixing it to where it did not need electricity. 

"Do you remember this song?" Gilbert asked as he wrapped his arms around Eleanor's waist and hid his face In her neck. 

"Yes...it was the song playing when we danced in the kitchen." Eleanor blushed at the memory, it was one of the happiest one's she's had with Gilbert. 

"That was also the day I told you that I loved you for the first time." Gilbert placed many soft kisses to Eleanor's delicate skin, making her laugh and spin around to face him. 

"I remember that too, and I remember how red you got when I said it back." she smiled as she placed a kiss to his lips. 

"She's here! Everyone get into their places!" Rachel clapped. 

Eleanor grabbed Gilbert's hand and rushed him over to the garden entrance, the two unlocked the gate and pulled it open as Bash walked Mary in. 

Mary's fragile hand covered her mouth as she let out a shaky gasp, her eyes were jumping to each different part of the gorgeous garden as Bash led her over to a large resting couch seated in the middle. 

"It's beautiful." she sniffled. 

Marilla walked over and gently placed Delphine in her mothers arms, the baby smiled and squealed as she grabbed ahold of one of Mary's finger.

By now, the entire garden group was almost in tears as Bash and Mary silently wept, holding each other and their baby. 

"I cannot believe you all did this for me...and somehow Eleanor didn't tell me about it by accident." Mary chuckled, making everyone else laugh as Eleanor blushed. 

"I almost slipped up a few times." Eleanor admitted, making everyone else laugh harder. 

Everyone took turns coming up and hugging Mary, reading scripture or just simply talking to her. Eleanor and Gilbert took the longest as they explained the festivities and how Eleanor was the one to come up with the idea. 

"Oh I can't take all of the credit! Anne helped me a lot." Eleanor smiled as she grabbed Anne's hand. 

"Yes but you thought about the Barry's garden." Anne winked. 

Eleanor smiled as she turned back to Mary, the sick woman was caressing her baby's soft face as she laughed along with Gilbert and Bash. 

"Please promise me to take care of my sweet girl when I'm gone...I want her to go to college, to have a family, I want my sweet baby girl to succeed in this world even if I'm not there to watch her." Mary explained as tears gently cascaded down her cheeks. 

"We promise." the group said together as they all came in for a group hug. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Good morning sweet girl." Eleanor smiled as she gently poked Delphine's nose, making the baby smile. 

"What am I? Chop liver?" Gilbert pouted jokingly. 

"Good morning you two." Eleanor chuckled as she sat down three plates of food at the table. 

Bash pushed his food around with his fork as she stared aimlessly at the plate in front of him. Eleanor and Gilbert looked at him with worry clouding their eyes. 

"You know Bash, it's okay to grieve...to yell...to scream...it's okay to be upset." Gilbert stated as he patted the man on the back. 

"I'm fine." Bash answered plainly before scrapping his food off into the rubbish bin and walking to his room, gently shutting the door behind him. 

Eleanor let out a soft sigh before scrapping the rest of her food off as well, grabbing Delphine's empty bottle from her to put into the washing pile. 

"Why don't you go talk to him...I think he would listen more to someone who is more empathetic." Gilbert recommended as he began to wash the dishes in the sink. 

Eleanor nodded before placing a kiss to both Gilbert and Delphine's cheek. She swiftly grabbed a small cut of bread and jam before wrapping it up into a cloth and making a quick stop to her and Gilbert's room. 

She grabbed a small notepad with a leather cover, a small strap kept the book together and clasped onto itself with a tight hold. 

With a gentle knock on Bash's door and no response, she gently slid the door open and announced her presence. 

"Bash? May I come in?" Eleanor asked softly. 

"I guess." he answered plainly. 

She shut the door behind her as she stared at Bash's back facing coldly away from her. She stalked over and sat herself down at the foot of the bed, placing the bread and jam down before placing the notepad down. 

"I brought you some bread and jam...I knew you were probably hungry since you didn't eat much breakfast." she stated as he gently took the bread and thanked her with a nod. 

"I know I'm not much of a cook, Mary was always so much better at it than me...but I only hope to be half as good as her one day." Eleanor smiled. 

"She always thought you were a good cook...she loved when you made those blueberry scones of yours." Bash chuckled to himself, a dry and empty laugh but still one nonetheless. 

"I also brought you a notepad, something that always helped me with my feelings was writing them down. Whenever my mother and father were fighting, I would write down how I felt about what they were saying and how it affected each other. It helped me understand how words can affect a person." 

Bash picked up the small notepad and examined it, he flipped through the pages a few times before smiling to himself. 

"Mary always wrote down her prayers in a book quite like this one, she kept it under her pillow." Bash smiled as a single tear fell down his cheek. 

"You know me, Gilbert, and Delly love you very much Bash. We are always here for you whenever you need us." Eleanor stated as she placed a loving hand on his shoulder. 

He nodded and grabbed her hand, giving it a soft squeeze before pulling her in for a hug. 

"Thank you." he whispered to her.

"Of course." she smiled and pulled away, wiping away her own tears. 

They sat in silence for a few minutes as Bash stared at the journal, Eleanor was focused more on her fidgeting hands. 

"How about I make us some of those signature blueberry scones." 

"I would love that."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eleanor made the prettiest batch of blueberry scones she had ever made before, enough for everyone to have four. 

Bash ate three, saving his fourth one for Mary, he knew they were her favorite. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

words:1124

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! I'll try to update at least once a week!