Chapter 8

"That's not mine." I lied. I was honestly scared shitless. I didn't know what I was gonna do. Ivy looked like she was enjoying it.

"Then whose is it?" My stepmom asked seriously.

"Kayla's. S-she took it when she came here earlier, but it came back negative so it's okay." I lied again. Blaming it on Kayla was kinda fucked up, but I figured we wouldn't be friends much longer anyways after what went down at the mall. I needed to save my ass.

"Why would she need a pregnancy test?" My dad asked.

"She was fooling around with this guy at the party we went to three weeks ago. She thought she could be pregnant and was too scared to take it by herself." He thought about my answer for a few moments,not really knowing how to respond.

"Well, just in case you're lying to us, we got another one, for you to take right now." When he said that it made my heart drop. I knew I was fucked. I wasn't completely sure how I was gonna get outta this one.

My stepmom got up and motioned for me to follow her to the bathroom. "Take this." She said, handing me the pregnancy test. I nodded and went into the bathroom. And as I was about to close the door, she stuck her shoe in between the door and the door frame. "The door stays open." She folded her arms.

Fuck.

I went to the toilet and pulled down my pants. I had to figure out a way to fake this. But my stepmom was watching.

After a few minutes of not being able to pee I finally spoke. "I can't pee, with you watching me like that. Can you at least look away?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes and turned her head. And I started to pee, but not on the stick. I licked the fuck outta my thumb and pointer finger and rubbed the spit on the pregnancy test, hoping that it would wet it enough. She didn't see me do it either.

After I was done peeing I put the pregnancy test back on the counter and washed up. I walked out the bathroom and went back to sit on the couch while my family waited for the results.

I was praying it would work. Even though my family was crazy I'd rather be here than on the streets.

"It's negative Eugene."
She said to my father.

I felt like I could finally breathe

I felt like I could finally breathe. J can't believe that shit actually worked!

"Hmm." He said, looking at it for himself. "Praise God."

~*~*~*~

"I'm so glad you okay. You gotta be more careful Snook." Keniyah whined as she wrapped her arms around me. We were in Dom's driveway.

"I'm aight bae." I shrugged, looking down at her. "What's up with you? Why you here?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes. "Why the fuck I can't come and spend time with you?! You my man! I want to be around you." She said back with an attitude still hugging me.