Most Girls

I take off my shoes and get rid of my shirt and jeans, throwing them on my bed. Then I get to my bathroom, close the door, and start the shower. I need to feel the water drops on my body. I need water to take away every piece of news I've heard.
I untie my hair and take off my bra and panties before getting into the shower.
As expected, the warm water makes my whole body relax. I can feel every muscle relaxing. Every nervous thought slowly gets out of my mind. As I relax, I break the link with Eli. I only need peace and silence.

I know I said I could not break the link.
Well, that is not exactly true. I can break it. I just don't know how to do it on purpose. Most of the time, it just occurs when I deeply need it. So it is more like my body seems to act on its own when it happens.

My nose is still filled with this blooming flower scent. It helps me calm down even more. I have to find what flowers smell like that. Gardeners planted some new plants today. I will have to check them tomorrow.
After that, I'll make a bouquet for my room. It would be great to have this magic perfume here. I am sure it will help me draw new pictures.
Then suddenly, I'm taken out of my dreamy thoughts.

"Liv, where are you? I'm here!"
Before I can answer, the door of the bathroom opens. A tall and thin silhouette appears out of nowhere.
Well, not really nowhere, but I have not seen or heard about this person since yesterday. Happiness could be her surname, and I terribly need that right now. Well, she must learn to knock at the door, but she can't be perfect.
"Hurry to wash! I can't wait to see you in that dress. You're gonna be blooming!"

I love this voice. I'm not even annoyed that she took away this sweet smell, as she is the second person who illuminates my days – right after Eli.

"Yes, Kate, just give me ten minutes. Then, I'm all yours."
Even if I cannot see her, I am sure she has a gigantic smile on her face.

I quickly wash my hair and my body. Then I wrap a towel around my chest and a second one around my hair. I get out of the bathroom, and there she is, in my room.
On my bed sits a beautiful and shining red-haired girl.

Kate.

Kate and I are a long story.
We met when we were still babies. Our mums are best friends, even if hers is often on the road. So Kate almost grew up in the packhouse, and we shared my room for more than one night. Sometimes, she even kicked my brother out of our room when we were still young toddlers so we could be alone.
Kate does not care about anything. She just enjoys life and feels free to do whatever she wants to do. A luxury I can't have as an Alpha's daughter.
Now, she lives in the neighborhood, just beside the packhouse area, in her parents' house. Her parents are some business people, often traveling, leaving Kate here. Since she turned eighteen, she's spent most of her nights in her parents' house as she enjoys her unmated she-wolf's life.
Don't get me wrong. Kate does not spend her nights with wolves. She only hangs out a lot, goes to clubs, and meets many people.

Yet, she's been intimate with only one man: Kyle Lanchester. They dated for years, and everybody thought they were meant to be together. He was a year older than us, and the day he turned eighteen, he found out Kate was not his mate.
Some days later, he decided to travel the world to find out his real mate, leaving behind a heartbroken Kate.
She promised herself not to fall for anyone else but her mate.

I've tried several times to convince her to live in the packhouse with us, but she's always refused. She can be stubborn, and arguing with her is hopeless. She knows what she wants and rarely changes her mind.
She could be a model and could have almost any boy she wants. She is also clever and so kind. It's sometimes hard to exist besides such an aura.

Anyway, I'm delighted our friendship is the most beautiful thing that can be. She is my sister, no matter if the blood in our veins says otherwise. At four, we "pinky promised" that we would be together forever, no matter what life would bring between us.
With Eli, she is the reason why I have not left the pack yet. If she has had her mate already, that would be different – it would be easier to leave knowing she had her other half by her side.