Creep

As soon as we return to the dining room, I grab a glass on a tray that one waitress holds. This soupe de champagne that I ordered from Sara is honestly delicious - I would even say it is one hell of a killer. I empty my glass in one gulp. When another waiter passes in front of me, I put my empty glass on his tray and take a full one. I am about to drink it as fast as the first one when Eli sends me a calming picture of a green field mentally. I should calm down to prevent myself from binge drinking at my birthday party with lots of Alphas or future Alphas and their mates. Oh, and one royal member, just in case you forgot this detail...

That's okay, Liv. I need you to calm down; you remember? Everything's gonna be alright. Breathe in and breathe out.
Eli comes closer to me. His hand nudges my shoulder. As soon as I sense his touch on my skin, I am automatically more tranquil. Without a doubt, a twin brother is more efficient than soupe de champagne.
Then Eli and Julie have to leave to join my parents in my Dad's office.

They have to get a word with my parents as they are about to become the new Alpha and Luna of our pack, and my parents will leave soon after the party to travel. They want to visit some friends, to different places around the map. Or at least that is what is scheduled if nothing goes wrong tonight.

They leave me alone with Kate and Nick, who had joined the girls as we were out with Eli.

I breathe the fresh air as we are out with Kate and Nick. But, the idea of a problem cannot leave my mind. I hear that Kate and Nick are talking, but I don't listen. I didn't enjoy the idea of turning twenty, but it is finally worse than I could imagine. I can't even have my twin sharing this night with me.
Thankfully, the sweet smell of blooming flowers gets to my nose - one flower makes me feel out of danger tonight. Better than nothing. The perfume of this flower lets me go into some fantasies. I imagine I am in a green and peaceful meadow. There is a little pond with crystal clear water. A beautiful weeping willow stands some feet away, and a beautiful silver wolf is asleep near it. I walk towards her. She wakes up, and her beautiful gray eyes stare at me.
Before I reach the wolf, Kate's voice takes me out of my little haven.

"What do you think, Liv?" Kate asks me. She looks at me with benevolence.

"What?" I answer.
I have no idea what they were discussing. Why the hell did I have to dream awake? I am supposed to do my best to make them believe everything is fine, and I just dream awake like some kind of weirdo.

"Who do you think the bigwig is? He must be important with all the lycans here. Did you hear anything?" She looks at me with her two blue eyes, longing for answers.

"Sorry Kate, I was with you the whole time of the meeting. I don't know the details," I answer with the most sincere voice I can fake. I make no promises here. I don't want to lie more than I already do to my best friend. I think I can hide the potential nightmare that could happen. That's the least I can do to let her spend the night of her life - just like she's been longing for days.

"Really?" she insists with a super kitty look. I hate when she does that. Kate is good at making me disclose my secrets. I have to be stronger than her super cute kitty eyes.

"Yes, I'm sorry," I reply with a smile, actually convincing this time.
For one time in her life, she should let it go. I don't want to hide things, but I have no words to sound comforting. So what am I supposed to say?

Hey guys, do you want to hear something hilarious? A Prince is here because this entire party could turn to blood at any moment if some psycho decided to attack our pack for some fucking unknown reason. But don't worry! Enjoy the party.

Nope, for sure, it is a terrible idea.

Thankfully, the air is so comforting with this enchanting blooming flowers scent, again. As I breathe, I feel calmer and calmer. I need to get these plants: they are real magic on me. Maybe I can get high with this scent, just to forget this mess.