Ultanica

We've only been walking for an hour but I'm already tired. We finally leave the forest and get into the city. We stop by and abandoned supermarket, looking for any good food. We aren't surprised to find most of the shelves empty. The only food we find are a couple bags of chips and some waters. We continue the long trail to LA, eventually crossing the border into California. Many more of the buildings here are standing than in Washington. "The entire Ultanica server is split across many cities but the main control center is LA" Leo begins. "We'll have to disable a few of the other control panels to be able to shut the server down". As we're walking the deafening siren sounds again. We all begin sprinting through the city, hundreds of androids running out from alleyways. We run through the gate of what I assume to be a parking garage. Cazius pulls out his gun, and AR, turns around and starts shooting at the androids closing in on us. "Come on! Up this ramp!" Emelisse shouts. I turn and shoot, covering for Cazius as he catches up. We run up another ramp, but the androids are closing in dangerously fast. We run up another ramp, but the androids are too quick. In a split second, an android sprints at Marcelo, pushing him off the building. I freeze as I watch him fall three stories, silent the entire way down. "We have to go!" Kujo yells, pulling me along with him. We continue running up ramps, Leo occasionally turning around and shooting. Eventually we make it to the top floor of the garage. Cazius points out an abandoned hovercar. "Push that in front of the gate!" He yells. Three of us run over to the hovercar and push it towards the gate, blocking the entrance. We can hear androids banging on the side of the car. "It won't hold for long, we need to find a way down" I say. "That's the first building!" Leo says excitedly, pointing out the window to the building adjacent to us. "I think they're close enough that I can go through the window" hey says. Kujo and Emelisse help Leo out the window. Odelia walks up to me. "I know you have SKO mags" she says. "I need them". I need them too" I say to her. "Listen, I only have 5 left, give me the fucking mags!" She yells. "That's more than I have!" I yell back. "What are you arguing about!?" Cazius asks. Odelia turns to him. "That bitch is hoarding ammo!" She replies. "She has more ammo than me!" I say to Cazius. Cazius looks at me guiltily. "Just give her one of your mags please" he says while rubbing his forhead. "Why!?" I yell. "Just do it!" He shouts back at me. I take a mag out of my bag and throw it at Odelia's feet. Before I have the chance to shout at them more, Leo walks over to us. "I managed to disable the security from that panel. Now we just need to get into the mainframe. We take turns crossing the alley to hop into the next building. "Follow me" Leo says. He leads us to the staircase and we go down. We run out the front door of the building and continue running down the road, not stopping to shoot, or to even look behind us.

——————————————————————————
8:03 ??

We all stop running when we get to an intersection. I check our surroundings, making sure that we've completely lost the androids. "We're only a couple blocks away from LA" Leo states. "But I have no doubt that androids are going to be littered all over the area" he tells us. "Everybody get your guns out" Cazius tells the group. I pull my gun out and load my last mag. We begin silently walking in a group down the street, nearing the main control center. Soon a large metal building appears in the distance. Huge barbed walls line the outside of it, preventing anyone from getting in. Leo walks up to the gate and tries the keypad. *Jeez, the code is 36 digits?* I stare in awe as Leo flawlessly type in the code, allowing the door to unlock. We push through the gate and walk to the front door of the building. Leo opens it. Before Leo can walk through, Odelia stops him in. "Should we really be doing this?" She asks. "What other choice do we have!?" King yells at her. King pushes Odelia out of the way and walks into the building. The rest of us follow. Leo then leads the way to the 7th floor. When we walk up the last flight of stairs, we see 10 monitors in the middle of the room arranged in a circle. Leo walks over the the biggest monitor, and open a file. It only has two words on it.

Shut down?

Leo pushes yes. In a split second androids come rushing into the building, ambushing it from all sides. I draw my gun but not quick enough. 4 androids tackle me and knock my gun away. Another window open on the monitor and it has 3 words.

Are you sure?

Leo presses yes but the androids don't stop. Out of the corner of my eye, I see 6 androids tackle Odelia. Before she can utter a single word the androids rip every limb off her body. I turn to Leo again and a final window appears.

Shutting down.

The androids drop instantly. Odelia mortified body lays in front of me. I don't even realize that I'm shaking. Emelisse walks over to me, putting her hand on my shoulder. "It's over".