Chapter 20: Found

A week later

A week later...

I keep my head down as I feel myself shaking.

I'm tired and I'm in so much pain. I need Dami. I can't go through one hour without a panic attack. I just want to cling to him and never let go. I don't want him to leave my sight.

But, he left me. He told the scary man that he was done searching for me and I can stay here. But I don't want to be here. They hurt me and I don't like it. I remember hearing Dami's voice. The bad man had a voice recording of Dami saying he doesn't want me anymore.

I thought it was a fake recording, but he's still not here. Maybe it was real, and maybe I am worthless like the recording said. This was worse torture than the hitting and punching. Hearing Dami's voice everyday saying how disgusting and worthless I am really hurts. As I'm going about in my head, I hear the warehouse open.

I try to look and see who it is but one of my eyes is so swollen I can't see out of it. Instead of the bad man, this time it's Ms. Shaloe from what I can tell.

She enters with a smirk on her face, "Ready brat?"

I hesitate, but then nod my head knowing what will happen if I don't.

She looks at me evilly and plugs in the tape recorder.

I hear it crackle a little before Dami's voice comes through.

"You're worthless. I wish I never met you. I regret everything with you. I hope you're miserable in that dark room. Hopefully I'll never see you again and your extra clingy self. Grow up and stop crying."

At the end, I'm sobbing. I don't know how much more of this I can take. I know deep in my heart it's not actually Dami and it's just disguised to sound like him, but it sounds so real that it hurts.

Ms. Shaloe comes up to me, "Now repeat, brat."

I cry even harder, "I-I-I'm w-worthless....I-I'm c-c-clingy....I-I'm u-ugly...." The tears just keep coming over and over again.

Ms. Shaloe looks satisfied and punches me in the face and I land on the ground. I faintly hear her laugh and walk out before everything goes black again.

Another week later

Another week later...

I go up to Gabe stressed, "What did you call me for? This better be fucking important because I'm trying to find the girl I love and-"

"I found her."

I look at him with wide eyes, "A-are you sure? Y-you found Mia?"

He smiles at me and nods, "Yeah bro. Now let's go get the love of your life."

I nod quickly and run to the van while Gabe gathers our men. I jump in my car and put the key in the ignition. As I start driving I see the coordinates pop up on my screen in the car. A call comes in from Gabe and I answer.

"Hey man, got a plan?"

"Hey, honestly no. I've been stressing so much about finding Mia that I didn't even make a plan."

Gabe chuckles, "Don't worry I have one. Since we figured out fucking Miguel took her, we have to be careful. We have to enter from the top of right side of the warehouse since by the time we get there those guards will be on break. I'm not sure exactly where they are keeping Mia, but I know it's got to be in the basement. We have to take out the guards in the building. I put a silencer in your glove compartment for you...."

Gabe continues to tell me the plan. When I arrive around the warehouse I go to the side and run in. Gabe knows I wasn't going to wait.

When I get in I head towards the right where their are steps to the basement. Right when I turn the corner I bump into a guard.

When he realizes who I am, he goes to punch me. I let him get a punch in before I crash my fist into his face. I pull out my gun with one hand and shoot him right through the head. I quickly run to the stairs and open the door. I head down the stairs being careful since it's somewhat dark. When I turn the corner what I see makes me freeze.

There she is. The love of my life. A girl who is always smiling. There she is tied while hanging up looking unconscious with bruises and blood everywhere. I feel the tiniest bit of relief when I see her clothes are still intact.

Right as I am about to make my way to her I'm pulled back. I turn around to see Gabe. He gestures next to Mia.

There is he: Fucking Miguel.

I was surprised when we figured out who took Mia. Miguel was a violent mafia leader. He was the leader of the Spanish  mafia, and my biggest competitor. He did all types of horrible things like trafficking and everything along those lines. I killed him...or at least I thought I did.

I look back to Mia and start to quietly raise my gun until I'm stopped.

"Hello again Damien Luciano."

Miguel turns around and smirks at me.

"Glad to see you could finally join me and my little friend Mia here. You know she's such a tiny little thing..."

I clench my jaw and get ready punch him until the next thing he goes makes me freeze.

He unlocks the safety on his gun and puts it to Mia's head. I fist my hands as he leans down towards Mia and tell her to wake up. I watch as she slowly wakes up with fear ever so present in her eyes. She raises them up to my face and she lightly gasps as tears fill her eyes.

"D-Dami..."

I try my best to smile, "Hi baby." I whisper.

Miguel clears his throat, "Attention here princess."

She starts shaking and looks over to Miguel. When she sees an gun pointed at her gun she starts trembling with tears running down her face.

"D-Dami..." she says with her voice cracking. My heart breaks knowing I can't do anything without him shooting her.

"What do you want Miguel? Let her fucking go."

Miguel cackles, "I want to see you burn to the ground Luciano."

Before I can get my gun out, I see Miguel lower his gun to Mia's stomach and is about to shoot when another gun goes off too.

"No! Please no!"

—————
Hey guys! Here another chapter! I hope you all are having a great week so far!

What do we think about the situation? Do we think those tape recordings were real or fake?

And who was the other person who shot their gun?

Remember to vote and comment your thoughts!

*UNEDITED*

Words - 1167