(*•°•°I think I love you°•°•*) 2k special!

Muichiro's P.O.V

"I think I love you"

There, I said it and there wasn't any going back now.

Staring intently into her slightly widened e/c eyes, I searched for at least a bit of reassurance to my confession. That's what I learnt to do from the pink lady earlier this week.

"Y/n?" I called her name out over and over again. It was...almost as if the maiden was frozen in place, but yet her breathing showed she still at least moved.

Quite some time had passed since then before she fluttered her eyes rapidly and used her right hand to clean the corresponding eye.

"That's it. This must be a dream" I heard her mutter under her breath, careful to make sure I didn't hear but her attempts proved futile as I did. But my state was utterly intrigued on why she would think this was a dream more than why she talked quietly.

Did she like me back? Or maybe she doesn't want this to ruin our friendship so she's hoping that that was a dream?

Possible answers swarmed my mind while I continued to cast my eyes on her before a sudden idea popped up in my head.

'Maybe I should...' I pondered, slowly leaning my head closer to hers.

'Just maybe...'

Y/n's P.O.V

It wasn't long until I was snapped out of my dazed demeanor, but again, what snapped me out of it was quite unexpected on my part.

But somewhere deep inside was screaming that I should have expected this kind of action from him after the meltdown I just had.

A cold hand rested on my forehead while his face was directly in front of mine.

"Are you sick?"

'Of course he would say that. I almost thought he was a bit- sharper-' I internally reasoned, bringing up my hand to remove his.

"Yes I am" I sighed, now placing my own hand on top of my forehead.

"Are you sure?" He questioned me. Though his facial expression may not have seemed convincing enough, the tone of his voice truly did care.

"Mhmm"

...

Silence.

No conversation, no sounds emitted from our throats...

Just pure silence.

Well, it was at least until he said;

"Isn't this the part where you confess back?" His words rang in my head as I choked on the air.

"Why are you silent?" He asked again but I was too busy trying to regain my composure to answer that at that time.

"..."

Muichiro's P.O.V.

'I thought the pink lady said she's meant to confess back?' I questioned while trying to remember the last conversation I shared with her.

I lied back then, I didn't purposely lose for her sake. It was leaning more on my side if I was being honest.

From the little fragments of memory I could gather from my foggy mind, the pink lady was getting sick and tired of the stalling.

Matsura was her name...if I remember correctly.

'Or was it Makura?'

She was getting sick and tired of us 'not being together', us being y/n and I, so she had given me a time limit of a week.

A week or she'd tell y/n my feelings for her and disgrace me.

Normally, I wouldn't care about that and just ignore her, but this time was different.

This time, I had the urge to stop her at all costs. And most importantly, I should not let that happen under any circumstances.

So I simply accepted it.

All the pillars were in on it and surprisingly, they even placed bets on whether or not it would work out. It was the 'it would work out' team (Rengoku, Mitsuri, Shinobu, Uzui and Iguro) versus the 'it won't work out' team (Giyuu and Sanemi). Gyomei paid no mind to it at all.

I wouldn't blame Giyuu for being on the opposing team for he's just protective over his sister. Though I wasn't surprised about Sanemi.

What I was surprised about was the snake Hashira's decision. But after some reasoning, it was pretty evident that it was mainly because of Matsura.

It was a full on challenge that I had carelessly gotten myself into and had the slightest determination to win.

But as usual, I later forgot all about it until the last day, which happened to be that very same day.

When y/n brought up the idea of the game, the memory of the bet instantly clicked as I accepted another challenge, but this time, from a different lady.

Thus, the reason why I had to purposely lose other than hating to see her shamed and sad.

But I certainly did not expect this reaction from my confession. Even so, I still had to get her response to it otherwise it would have all been pointless from the beginning.

"So y/n, what do you say?"

Word count: 830 words.

To be continued by the 30k special.

A/N: *sigh*. This is late again. This week's been tough honestly. I lost a really close relative 4 days ago and I couldn't bring myself to type again. But I hope you enjoyed the chapter nonetheless!