chapter 37

jack's face is a shade of bright, bright red. "that little-" jack starts to walk faster in the direction of mitch.

cole has to hold jack back while you try to calm him down.

"jack calm down."

"how can i calm down when he was such a jerk? next time we play toronto, i'm gonna kill him." says jack, all worked up and sweaty.

you all pull jack in the other direction from mitch. you can tell he's still so mad at mitch, but he's trying to hide it from you.

"i think maybe some ice cream will calm you down, jack?" suggests carly.

you give carly a look. she just smiles.

"yeah. sure." says jack.

carly and cole walk hand in hand ahead of you two. you grab jacks hand.

"i'm not mad at you."

"i know." you say as jack rubs his thumb over you hand.

...

you wait in front of the devils locker room with carly after the game. the devils won, 4-3 in a shootout. both jack and cole scored, but jack got the winning goal in the shootout.

the doors open, revealing a bunch of sweaty devils players. jack takes a little longer to come out, he's being interviewed by the media.

once he comes out, you run up to him. he drops his bag and picks you up. you wrap your legs around him as you hug him. he sets you back down and you walk down to the visitors locker room to meet up with cole.

when cole walks out, carly turns to you and says "i'm not doing what you did."

you and jack laugh as cole just kisses carly's cheek.

...

you arrive back at the hotel and say goodbye to cole and carly since cole has to play the islanders tomorrow and jack has to play the flyers.

2 weeks later

you wake up with a headache. you groan and roll over to face jack.

"jack"

"hmm"

"can you go grab me two advils"

jack rolls out of bed and goes into the kitchen. you can hear the pills rolling out of the bottle into his hand.

all of a sudden, you feel your stomach gurgling and your throat closing. you run over to the toilet and immediately throw up.

"here you go-" jack looks over at the bed and when he doesn't see you, he jerks his head over to the bathroom. he sets the advil down on your nightstand and rushes over to you.

he grabs your hair out of your face and rubs your back.

"it's okay." he says.

when you're finished, jack gets your toothbrush and puts toothpaste on it.

"here."

"thanks." you say and start to brush your teeth.

"what did you eat last night?"

"sushi."

"ah. your stomach probably didn't agree with it."

you spit the toothpaste left in your mouth out in the sink. "but i have sushi all the time and i don't throw up from it-"

you and jack's eyes both go wide at the same time as you look at each other.