Intro (3)

Intro: The beginning (3)
——————•

After some weeks of bed rest, she found out that the Duke had adopted the daughter, the girl she saw at that time. And as her birthday gift was an arranged political marriage. And as if it wasn't enough her soon-to-be husband is a prince from the Northern empire. The girl that Duke adopted was the north prince's sister, so she was just exchanged.

But she grew tired of caring anymore, if they don't want her then just throw her away. It doesn't matter to her anymore. She gave up. Her last speck of hope was blown off as a candle by that girl.

The time passed like water and she was sitting in a carriage riding to the North to her soon-to-be husband. Her 8 years of waiting went quite predictably. 

Her so-called family spent all of their time only on the cute girl, totally forgetting the real Duke's daughter. Even when she took all of her courage and went to them she has only been pushed away. She was no longer needed at the banquets so her family never invited her, the only time where she could have the fake affection was thorn and thrown away too. 

Sometimes she would catch glimpses of her family having fun and being happy without her. So she just lived quietly, accepting the bullying and mocking from the maid. She was replaced quite easily. Well, to be completely honest,  she was never loved from the beginning so it's not a big surprise.

They didn't even give her farewell when she was leaving. She was leaving for good, do they not have mere respect for her? They throw her away, just like this? Well, she got news from the maid, not even her so overly-loving Father so she kind of knew this would happen. Hah, how laughable.

She looked out of the window, the view of green scenery was pretty but the sky was about to cry.

"Is my husband-to-be some middle-aged man? Maybe some criminal or some maniac? Hmm, I will probably just be thrown away to a magical beast under cover of "marriage won't I?" 
Said the girl as she laughed at herself. Almost as if she talked to herself. 

"I'm so pathetic. I should just be quiet and die, right?"
She said with a bitter smile as she finally looked in front of her where her assigned maid was seated. 

"..."
The maid didn't respond, she didn't even look at the noble girl. 

_________________

"BAM!"

A sudden loud noise could be heard along with the screams of the panicking and scared civilians. The carriage also shook a little, making the maid and a girl wary of the situation that was happening.

[what's goi...]
The Duke's daughter's train of thought was interrupted.

"ITS A MONSTER'S ATTACK!!"
A scream could be heard and even echoed inside the carriage. The scared and panicked, desperate scream for help. 

"Monster attack? There? We are barely at the border! This doesn't make sense at all!"
The sudden, calmer but frustrated voice spoke from behind our carriage that had stopped, the horses had all run away.

[Hmm.. did father send them? Maybe my husband-to-be..]

Duke's daughter looked d out of the carriage window expressionlessly. The monsters. They are truly scary and big. Horrific and enormous. The maid silently screamed in terror, afraid to even let out a syllable.