4~ Dinner with the Erickson's

Let's just say I was a little bit nervous about having dinner with Will and his family. I don't know why. I don't have a problem meeting new people or anything. I've never had a problem meeting my friend's parents or having dinner with another family. It's something about it being Will's family that I can't quite understand.

Remi left for work and I was left alone at the house while the boys had practice. I didn't really feel like going out. Most of the day I sat on the couch and watched reruns of my favorite tv shows.

I looked at my phone. Dad texted me.

practice done soon be home in about an hour.

don't forget about dinner at Will's.

Love you.

I answered him.

Copy that boss see you soon love you

He replied with a thumbs up. The boys would be home in an hour and then we'd get ready for dinner. I decided that I wanted to curl my hair and since that takes forever I started then.

I put last minute touches to my hair when I heard the boys come in.

"Cora?" Dad called out.

"I'm in my bathroom" I called back.

I heard footsteps come up the stairs and to my bathroom. There was a soft knock on the door before it was opened. Dad leaned against the doorframe.

"Hey Coco, oh you curled your hair?" He sounded kind of shocked.

I shrugged. "Felt like it" I sprayed my hair with a little bit of hairspray so it would stay.

I hugged Dad. I could smell the sweat from the sun on him.

"No offense Dad but I think you need to take a shower before we go to the Erickson's." I joked and waved my hand on front of my nose.

He smiled and pushed me away. "I will. We leave in a little over an hour."

I nodded in response. He left, most likely to go take a shower. I walked into my room to go pick out an outfit.

It took my a few minutes but I finally found something cute. It was a lavender tank top with a ruffled hem and went just below my belly button. I paired it with a pair of ripped light wash denim shorts and my favorite pair of light tan sandals. I layered a couple gold necklaces and put on a few rings.

Finally, it was time for my makeup. I used concealer, blush, mascara, and a little bit of natural eyeshadow for my makeup. I didn't want to put on too much, plus it was cute.

A little bit of last minute touch up and I was ready. It was almost six. The dinner started at six thirty.

Dad was the first one downstairs. "Boys let's go! We're going to be late"

They all came down the stairs at the same time. Cooper was still trying to fix his hair, Cater let his hair roam free and Connor looked completely ready.

"Okay" dad clapped his hands and gestured towards the door. "Let's go"

We all piled into Dad's car, which hasn't happened in a while. I sat up front with all the leg room and the three boys crammed themselves in the back seat.

A few minutes later we pulled up to a nice looking house. It was two stories and had brown siding.

I knocked on the door as the boys stood behind me. A lady that looked to be in her thirties opened the door and smiled at us. Her hand rested on her noticeable baby bump. Her hair was raven black and curled. It was opposite from Will's blonde hair.