12~ Summer Game

"Yes that's great news, thank you Coach Andrews. My boys will be excited. Our field at three? Yeah, thanks again Coach. See you at three."

I looked at Dad curiously. It was a practice day, but it didn't start until one. The boys went to grab breakfast with the group. I didn't feel like going and I thought they need some time away from me. I know they're all nice, but sometimes I feel like I'm the brother's little sister that has to come.

This left Dad and I alone for breakfast. Not that I minded, I loved our father daughter time.

"What was that about?" I questioned.

"We have a game today at three. I haven't told the boys yet. I was going to tell them at practice. I've been trying to find a game for them to play before school starts. Thankfully someone in the next town over agreed to play with us." He explained.

"That's cool"

"Yes you can be on the sidelines with your old man" He answered my question before I even got the chance to ask.

"How are people gonna know about the game if the boys don't find out until one?" I asked.

"I have my ways, Coco, I have my ways." He said creepily before he got out of the counter stool to put his cereal bowl in the sink.

I rolled my eyes playfully at him.

"I'm glad they get a game though. They're going to be so happy"

"Yeah I know" He basically squealed and cleared his throat. "I've got to go work on some plays and stuff." He said before practically skipping to his room.

I laughed at the retreating figure of my father and finished my cereal. I jogged up to my room and grabbed my phone. I made sure to let Remi know that there was a game at three.

I sat and watch Friends until i t was almost time to leave for the boy's 'practice'. Then I decided to get ready. I put on a coral halter crop top and a light wash of ripped denim jeans and my favorite pair of tan sandals. I put my hair in a half up half down messy bun and a pair of sunglasses. I put on my blush and mascara and I was ready after adding some perfume.

I hopped out to the cars with a mile on my face.

"Why are you smiling so much?" Carter asked in his grumpy mood as per usual.

"Um I'm just happy I get to see Will" I said almost too quickly.

I can't let them know they have a game.

"Oh someone had a crush" Coop mocked from the back seat. I turned around a punched him in the arm.

"I don't. He just my friend."

"That you see literally almost every day" Carter said. "Plus he's my best friend, you couldn't have him even if you wanted him"

I don't know why, but when Carter said that I felt a small twang of hurt in my heart. Why couldn't I date Will if I wanted to?

The other boys agreed.

Them too?

We pulled up to the football field and got out. Dad directed the boys to wait for him on the field. It was my job to direct others to do the same.

"Hey snowflake" Will said as he came up to me.

"Snowflake?" I questioned.

He shrugged like he didn't even know where it came from. "Rolled off the tip of the tongue. Wanna hang out after practice?"

I shrugged. "I don't know, but I have a feeling you'll want to hang out with your team. I might hang around just in case though."

"Okay." He didn't think much of it. "Ready for practice?" He asked me.