JACK HUGHES

player: jack hughes
team: new jersey devils
requested: nope!
mood: fluff
summary: in which the reader is sick, and jack has to take care of them!
note: lowercase intended for this chapter !!

"and just where do you think you're going?" jack's voice sounded.

you groaned internally as you slowly turned to face your boyfriend.

he stood in the hallway of your shared apartment, a hand on his hip and an unamused look on his face. you didn't blame him. it was his day off, and you had accidentally woke him up at six in the morning.

"i have practice today," you started sheepishly, sniffling.

"you're sick," jack stated simply. "you're not going to practice while you're sick."

"i'm not that sick," you protested with a whining tone as you hugged yourself. "only a little cold."

"only a little cold?" jack repeated with a raised brow. "y/n, you could barely stand up straight last night. that's how drained you were."

you bit your lip, checking the time anxiously. you'd have to leave soon if you wanted to make it to practice.

"i told you, i was tired," you insisted. "that's it."

"i don't want to hear it," he said, shaking his head. "come back to bed. i'll make you some tea and grab some medicine."

"no," you shook your head stubbornly. "it's — it's basically the end of the season. we only have a few practises, and even fewer games left."

"you're sick," he repeated. "you wanna go to practice, and get your teammates — your friends — sick? because you know if you go to practice, you're only gonna become more sick."

he was right, and you knew it.

you didn't get sick for too long. after a day or two of complete rest, you'd be back up on your feet, and ready to take on the world. but if you didn't rest, or overworked yourself, you'd stay sick for weeks.

you pouted, "but practice?"

"but nothing," jack insisted, walking over to you.

"wait, what are you doing?" you asked, taking a quick step back.

jack ignored you as he picked you up bridal style.

"jack!" you exclaimed. "jack, put me down! what are you—"

"shh!" he said, carrying you to your room, and placing you on the bed. "you're not moving from here, got it?"

"that wasn't necessary," you muttered, arms crossed over your chest.

jack sat on the other side of the bed and raised a brow, "we both know it was very necessary. if i let you, you'd go straight to practice and overwork yourself."

you opened your mouth to protest, but a single look from jack cut you off.

"we both know it's true. besides," he smirked, "i know you like getting all the extra attention when you're sick."

your jaw dropped, but you didn't bother protesting this time. that one was quite true.

you sniffled again, hitting jack's shoulder lightly.

he laughed, "what? it's true!"

"c'mere," you muttered, opening your arms. "i wanna cuddle."

jack obliged readily, not caring that you had a cold. this boy would do anything for cuddles.

he ran one of his hands through your hair slowly, and you sighed in content. the other hand rubbed small circles on your lower back.

"y/n," he said slowly.

"hmm?" you muttered, half-asleep.

"i already called your coach last night and told her you wouldn't make it to practice today because you're sick," he admitted.

"you asshole," you mumbled, snuggling closer into his chest. "i hate you."

you felt his smile as he said, "i love you too."

nyla writes!

short blurb from tumblr!

hope you all enjoyed!!

make sure to request!!