Chapter 109

109. Going to school (It’s been a while)

I finally recovered.

Well, it wasn’t a big deal in the first place, but the people around me said that I should rest for a while. They said that I might die from a cold if I didn’t take a rest properly. So, I took a day off from school for three days.

“Kohaku-sama, how is your body? Isn’t it better to take a few more days off?”

Maria, who followed me to the front door, said so.

She was really worried, huh… but don't you know that I am completely cured?

“Yoko-sama also said, ‘Kohaku-kun should take a little more rest until fully healed. And yes, you should warm your body with Maria’s skin, or you can transfer your cold to Maria by mouth!’.”

“Mom didn’t say a word like that!”

What Mom said was,

『”You should sleep together with me while you’re sick! Many people said that colds heal faster when transferred to others!”』

Well, in a sense, Maria and Mom were both the same.

In response to my objection, Maria turned her beautiful face to the side.

“Is that so? I’m sorry, it seems that I had a wrong memory.”

She said without looking at my eyes.

It was the attitude of someone who tried to lie.

“Then I’m going.”

“Yes, please be careful.”

It’s been a while since I went to school.

While I was on the way to school, for some reason the people around me had a relieved face.

I even heard some said,

“I’m glad it was nothing serious”

“Today is a good day”

“The King returns!”

… Maybe they were worried about me? But it seems that I’m being treated as a lucky charm… Really, I feel complicated now.

I arrived at the classroom while listening to the voices of those around me. Apparently, there were quite a few people already. I was curious and put my ears on the door.

『”Hurry up! We have to do a ritual to revive the God before the boys came!“』

『”I know! The preparation is complete!”』

……………… I stepped back and checked the class again. It certainly without a doubt was my class. Apparently, while I was absent, the girls in my class began to follow a suspicious religion.

What should I do…? I don’t really want to get involved!

But… My curiosity overcame my fear. So, I decided to open the door.

But then, I heard some sounds that rang loudly from inside.

It was so loud that I hesitantly looked inside the classroom.

There, the girls were sitting neatly, and nothing strange……

Did these girls hide the ritual in that short time?! What a bunch of talented girls!

The girls in the classroom turned to me all at once …… I was surprised that there was no reaction…. No, there was a girl who blinked her big eyes. After she blinked, she rubbed her eyes, turned her eyes toward me again, and rubbed her eyes again.

Rub Rub Rub Rub Rub Rub……

Aren’t you rubbing too much!

Perhaps the girl could hear the voice of my heart, the girls around her called out.

“Hey, what’s wrong? You’re rubbing too much!”

“Ah, yeah. I just saw a hallucination…”

“Hallucination? Ah, yeah, I saw it too, but it disappears soon. Even yesterday, I saw it too, but when the teacher came, I realised that what I saw was just a hallucination?”

“Yeah, that’s right, but… What I just saw is even clearer and more like the real thing than yesterday.”

“… True, that skin looks smooth.”

“That Hair has a very beautiful colour. I want to stroke it.”

“… It’s just a hallucination, right? Can I touch it?”

“……… I think it’s okay. Rather, it will do what we want, because it’s a hallucination.”

It’s not okay!

Don't they need a doctor more than I?!

“Isn’t that hallucination getting paler?”

“Well …, there is such a hallucination too, isn’t it?”

“No, I’m not a hallucination.”

I went in while saying so, and the girls with confused faces were silent for a moment.

Then all of them, at once “”””HUHHHH!!!!!!””””.

“Y-You’re lying right? A-Are you really the real one?”

“Well… I am…”

“… Can I touch you?”

“No!”

I could head the others said something like,

“The real one?”

“For real?”

“He said he’s real.”

However, that voice soon disappeared and the next moment… It changed to the sound of the girls standing up all at once.

What… the hell!

And, the girls flocked around me.

“Hey, it’s a good morning, right? The sun is bright and illuminating us without clouds, but your smile is brighter than the sun!”

But… I don’t remember smiling after I entered the classroom, though…?

“You had a cold, right? Are you okay already? If not, why don’t we go to the infirmary together? Yeah, together.”

Don’t worry. I can go alone.

“Good morning, even if it’s just for a while, please treat me well!”

Oh, a decent greeting!

“God is resurrected!”

I’m not a god!

I was surrounded by the girls, and they said their greetings one after another.

Maybe all the girls are gathering around me?

I looked around the classroom, there was a girl who was sitting alone, while muttering something…

“If you run after two hares you will catch neither, If you run after two hares you will catch neither, If you run after two hares you will catch neither, If you run after two hares you will catch neither, If you run after two hares you will catch neither…”

What is that? Super scary …

Seriously, what happened to this class while I was resting?

Well… let’s think about that later.

“Well, good morning everyone. We will study together for a while, please be nice with me.”

Hearing my words, the girls who gathered replied cheerfully.

…… These girls… they’re so energetic, aren’t they?