Chapter 3: Try It Out

"Brooke, you look fine would you calm down?" I reassured as she fixed her makeup for the hundredth time.

"Is it better?" She asked looking at me.

"It was never bad" I rolled my eyes at her with a laugh as I pulled the door to the restaurant open.

"There they are" Jacob said with a giant smile.

"We would have been here sooner if Brooke didn't redo her makeup a hundred times" I joked taking a seat.

All through breakfast I kept catching Jacob's eyes to be met with that beautiful smile of his.

As I finished my food and took a drink of my orange juice, my phone alerted me of a text. I pulled my phone out and smiled widely as I read the words on the screen.

'I'm free all day, any chance you want to hang out after this?'

We did have quite a bit of time before we were set to go bowling that night but I had no idea if anything else was planned.

"Hey Brooke?" I asked turning in my seat since she was sitting next to me.

"What's up?" She asked a little confused.

"Do you have anything you need help with after this?" I asked curiously, grabbing for my drink again.

"Not really, I'm going to help look at some tux places so we can pick a place for the guys to get theirs at and then we have a cake tasting, which is why we're not bowling till later" she gave a slight shrug. "Why do you ask?"

"Just wondering how much free time I had today" I smiled at her "I have to finish up the shirts for tonight. Don't worry they'll be done"

I quickly turned and sent a quick 'I'm in' text to Jacob before returning to conversation, my palms sweating at the wide smile that scattered across his face when he read my reply.

I waited until Brooke and Karl left before making any move to leave.

"What did you have in mind?" I smiled taking a seat next to Jacob.

"We can go anywhere or do anything you want" he beamed.

"Oooh a blank canvas huh?" I joked with a laugh. "Do you mind if we run to my place and finish up the shirts for tonight and we can decide something then?" I asked cautiously.

"Sure, I can help too" he continued smiling widely.

"You're the best" I smiled getting up as he followed me out to the cars.

After quickly finishing folding, rolling and tying the shirts together, I turned to Jacob who was packing the last of the shirts into the box.

Still confused why Brooke would warn me against him, I decided I was only going to trust my own gut. He had been nothing short of amazing since I met him and if I got hurt, I had no one to blame but myself. But my gut and heart were both screaming to me that that wouldn't be the case.

"Thank you" I breathed wrapping my arms around his middle as he engulfed me in a hug. "You really didn't have to help but thank you" I gave him a little squeeze.

"Of course, and look how much faster we got done" he pulled away offering a smile.

"You're right, now we can relax" I offered a smile.

"Movie?" He asked curiously.

"I love that idea, especially if we're bowling tonight mind if we just watch one here?"

Before I could make a move to walk away, Jacob placed a gentle hand on my cheek. His eyes seemed to be searching mine for a reaction to the intimacy. My lips felt vacant and needy in that moment making me lightly bite my bottom lip, anxious for any contact. His head inched closer before stopping just a few centimeters from mine.

"Do it" I whispered.

"Are you sure?" He breathed. He was so close I could almost feel his lips move so close to mine.

"Positive" I looked up at him with wide eyes before he brought his lips to mine painfully slowly.

It wasn't rough, it wasn't desperate. It was delicate, soft and full of tenderness. I was shocked how gentle he kissed me given his size and his strength.

"I've wanted to do that since the moment I saw you" he confessed pressing his forehead against mine.

"And you waited this long?" I joked with a breath.

"It was torture, but I wanted to make sure you were comfortable" he ran his thumb along my cheek.

"I was comfortable before I even knew your name" I giggled letting my hands rest on his sides.

"Does that mean you're breaking your promise not to get close to me?" He looked at me seriously.

To answer his question I reached up and kissed his lips sweetly.

"It was a dumb promise anyways" I breathed a laugh. "Still up for that movie?"

"You bet" he smiled widely, taking my hand in his and leading me to the couch. "What are you in the mood for?" He questioned as we took our seats.

"Anything" I smiled handing him the remote. "You pick, as long as I can do this" I leaned against him and laid my head against his chest.

He smiled down at me before grabbing a blanket, tossing it over us both and pulling me a bit onto his lap.

"Much better" he said with a small smirk.

He put on a comedy and I took one of his hands in mine, lacing our fingers together. Every bit of him intrigued me.

I adjusted to become more comfortable against his body, his arms never moving from around me. I breathed in, taking in his entire being. The way he smelled, the rise and fall of his chest, it was almost overwhelming given how it hadn't been long at all since we met but it felt different. It felt comfortable, it felt safe, it felt nice, like I was exactly where I belonged.

It was such a precious feeling that for a moment I had forgotten about the storm of wrath that awaited us should Brooke ever find out that not only did I not take her warning to stay away from him seriously, but that I was falling and falling hard.