Chapter 47: Family Visit Pt. 4

Lyon

I wake up to a hand grabbing the back of my neck, pulling me up by the scruff. 

I shriek, thrashing as the hold tightens, and something is wrapped around me eyes. I yip and scream, calling out for Reilzi, and our owners. 

Nothing answers as I am carried somewhere, a gag wrapping around my mouth to quiet me. I whine and struggle, my legs dangling uselessly. 

Gurgles enters my ears, but they are harsh and horrid, like the ones from the breakfast table. 

My owners never talked like that, and my heart beats fear into me. 

Tears stream down my cheeks as another panic attack starts up, and I curl into a ball, the hand dragging me here and there. 

My body turns and twists, goes down and up, and my stomach nearly hurls itself. 

Where is Reilzi? Or our owners? Anyone?

I know I'm alone in this...but I still hope someone will come help me. 

Travis

I curl my lips at the terrified human. Pathetic. 

"Hurry up and drown him already." Miro hisses as he holds the knocked out Jias over his shoulder. 

We waited till the dark morning to sneak in Ipp and Gui's room to steal the defect human and destructive Jias. 

The Jias is going to a sanctuary tonight, but nothing can be done for the defect. Our brother and his idiotic friend will be better off without these horrid non-domesticated pets. 

"I just want some fun first."I whisper back before poking the human roughly in the chest. It whines pitifully, and I balk. 

"It's so weak. It makes me sick." I spit out, sniffing it. 

Coughing at the horrid scent, I scrape my nose, trying to get rid of the pungent scent. Wild humans should not be pets. 

Domesticated ones are trained perfectly, bred eagerly, and do whatever their masters wishes. 

Wild ones are untamed jerks who think they run the world. 

Pricks. Thinking they are the only ones in the universe, egotistical, destructive things. I scoff at the thought. 

They are no good. 

If it was up to me, there wouldn't be a rescue program in place for Earth. 

I move to dunk the human in the pool, thinking it can't swim, but a voice enters my ears. "What the hell do you think you're doing with our pets?!" A voice dangerously growls, and I look up to see Ipp and Gui glaring at us from the porch. 

The lights turn on and our family members starts to pour out at the noise. 

Crap. 

Ipp

Fuming, I keep an eye on my devastated Lyon as he wiggles in Travis' hand. 

"Let them go, brother." Gui hisses as his mom gasps after walking out and surveying the scene. "Why? They are bad pets. You guys can do so much better." Miro hisses, taunting Gui. 

"Sons, this is not right. We don't kill humans, and don't steal pets away. It was Ipp and Gui's choice to adopt them. Would you want the Glimates to get involved?" My father states, also fuming at the thought that Travis is holding Lyon over the 80 foot deep pool. 

Travis reddens, angry. 

"I don't care. We're doing our brother a favor." he spits, and I lunge at him. He drops Lyon in the pool and I jump in. 

I grab him, and pull the both of us out. 

Lyon gasps, shaking and terribly cold. Gui has taken Reilzi, while Father is on the phone with the glimates, no doubt. 

Lyon shrieks as I hold him tightly, confused and scared. Before I can take off the blindfold, he bolts. 

Lyon

I do not know where I am going. I just need to get away and find my family. 

My family. 

I have a family. 

I pant as I run as fast as possible on four legs, sliding everywhere. Grass is under me, until my feet touch the paved material of a sidewalk...or a road?

I whimper, stopping to a halt. 

I try to pull off the blindfold, but its really tight, extra knotted. After a few more minutes of trying, I get it off, and look around. 

I see the house, and tilt my head. From the backyard, my owners are running towards me, upset and screaming. 

I'm so confused. 

It isn't until I look up into the hungry eyes of huge car's headlights that everything comes into focus. 

Oh, I'm in the middle of the road. 

The sound of tires screeching and a huge thud enters my ears, with the distinct feeling of pain in my stomach and side, before everything gets quiet. 

Hello darkness. 

THE END