Chapter 7 - A Nickname?

Chapter Notes:

Recap: With Xiao Tian's growing interest in Bai Feng, the assassin decided to follow the cedar-haired man around from time to time.

"Isn't it normal for someone to pursue the one they're attracted to?"

Xiao Tian finally departed for the expedition. Wonder what kind of surprises awaits our masked assassin..

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

Days have gone by since the last time Xiao Tian and Bai Feng had any contact with each other.

Recently the jade-eyed man was assigned a lengthy mission, regrettably leaving no spare time to visit his favorite toy. He doesn't know why, but not being able to visit the golden-eyed beauty makes him feel more irritable than usual.

Visiting his lovely prey has been integrated into his daily life so much so that... Xiao Tian felt something was missing whenever he couldn't come over.

But finally, the masked assassin's mission ends tonight.

I should pay him a visit after this.. Xiao Tian hummed as he traversed through the stone wall corridors. However, as he made his way towards the exit, the masked assassin heard footsteps not too far from him.

As much as he hates to spend more time than necessary on a mission, Xiao Tian must lose whoever is tailing him if he were to stop by Bai Feng's manor.

The short-haired assassin reluctantly made a sharp right, going back into the maze-like dungeon once again. More footsteps were heard, and now they seem to be even more hurried. Abruptly, the dark-haired assassin stopped in his tracks and turned around.

"Stop sneaking around like rats and come out." Xiao Tian spoke up to the currently empty corridors.

Slowly, dark-dressed men started to emerge from every direction, surrounding the lone masked assassin. Xiao Tian's jade eyes darted from one assassin to another,

They're from the organization..

"Ah HeiLi, were you just finished with your mission?" asked a senior assassin in a mocking manner.

Xiao Tian simply looked at the man but didn't feel the need to respond.

"Look at him, not even answering his senior's question. Just because he knows that the boss thinks highly of him.." the senior assassin scoffed in an angry tone.

"But that will end tonight, you arrogant brat.."

Immediately, the group of assassins lunged forward and started to attack Xiao Tian. Despite not having enough prowess to defeat the short-haired assassin if they were to fight one on one, all of the assassins charging at once had created enough pressure to force Xiao Tian to be on the defensive.

The dark-haired assassin managed to take a few of his seniors down but alas, the difference in number was too significant. Slowly, Xiao Tian was backed into a corner and one of the assassins spoke up in a condescending tone.

"How does it feel to not have the upper hand for once?"

Xiao Tian clicked his tongue and tried to look for an opening, but he was completely surrounded.

"I wonder.. Who's the rat now?" taunted another assassin from the group.

Then he threw his dagger in Xiao Tian's direction, causing the young assassin to do a sidestep to avoid the projectile. However, that was when he heard a click,