𝐎𝐍𝐄 || "tough luck, sister"

The more you let go, the stronger you'll rise

• • •

"HOME sweet home" mom sighs, kicking her shoes off and placing her handbag on the coat rack by the door.

A lot of things happened today, we moved from my hometown back in Knoxville to Vienna.

Leaving my old home caused me to be very emotional, but I'm glad I have my sister with me to calm my emotions down.

Thea is 3 years younger than me. Other than her having our dad's brown hair and hazel eyes, we looked pretty similar.

I happen to have gotten my mom's blonde curly long hair, blue eyes, and lots of freckles.

We both got our light brown skin tone from dad and our height of course, from mom.

Thea is known as the loud and talkative sister. She likes to speak to everyone she meets and she never backs down to any competition thrown her way.

Me, on the other hand, am completely the opposite. I like keeping quiet unless somebody wants to talk to me, if anyone asks for any help I'd be there in a heartbeat.

I guess I got my quietness from mom too.

"I never want to see a single freeway sign, ever again" I hear the sound of Thea's voice from behind me.

"Really Thea?" Mom raises an eyebrow "it was only a couple of hours"

Did I mention that Thea is quite the dramatic.

"Yeah," she mutters rolling her eyes "a couple hours of hell" I let out a laugh and put down Archie's cage.

Archie is our 9-month-old labradoodle.

"Archie!" Mom says in her baby voice "come to momma honey"

I swear she loves that dog more than she loves us.

"Girls pick a room and start unpacking," mom says from the couch.

Me and Thea make our way upstairs.

We look in every room and nothing really catches our eyes except for the room with its own bathroom and a gorgeous view of the fields at the back of the house.

"Rock paper scissors" I turn to Thea and she nods her head in agreement. "On the count of three"

"Rock"

"Paper"

"Scissors"

I pull out paper at the same time as she pulls out rock.

"Ha" I teased " I win"

"Hey no fair" she wines "you always win"

"Tough luck, sister" I walk into the room and plop myself on the bed.

This bed is super comfy, I could fall asleep right now.

I get up and start to unpack my bag.

This is definitely going to take a while.

• • •

45 minutes later I find out that Thea has picked the room across from the bathroom and mom's room.

We both decided to explore the house a bit, before dinner.

"Woah," she says widening her eyes "there's a frickin pool" she jumps up and down like a three-year-old at the park.

I giggle at her antics and pull her to another part of the house. We look around and see-

Holy mother frickin gosh- we have a movie theatre!!!!

"I don't know how mom found this house but I love it" Thea spoke, and I nod.

This house is pretty amazing.

"Girls, dinner!" We hear Mom's voice call out, we make it to the table and sit down.

Mom decided to order dominos instead of cooking since we've been unpacking all day.

And she said she couldn't be bothered to cook.

"Your timetables came through the mail earlier" Mom informs us, handing us each a paper with our names on it.

I open it and read over the text.

Locker #: 8554
Locker code: 17, 61, 90

Lesson 1: physical education, Mr wills.
Lesson 2: music/art, rotates every week.
Lesson 3: science, Mrs peach.
Lesson 4: free period.
Lesson 5: history, Mr Wilkins.
Lesson 6:home time for seniors.

I and Thea exchange each other's paper and it turns out we have 3 lessons together.

At our old school, we only had 1 together and that was study hall.

"Get in" she cheers giving me a high five.

Maybe this whole moving thing won't be so bad.

So this is edited and I kinda changed a lot to it

So this is edited and I kinda changed a lot to it. I hope y'all like the new aesthetic of this book.

Is it 4:30 am when I'm writing this yes. Should I get some sleep yes?

But anyway let me know what you prefer this new chapter or the old one.

That's pretty much all I have to say at the moment if you have any questions feel free to ask!.

Love you.

-s