vi. too much to process, too little time

gale didn't necessarily know how to feel about being signed up as a walking power source. after the others had left, leaving only him, annabeth, and leo on the ship, he twiddled his thumbs, bored out of his mind. he thought tossing around a ball would be entertaining, but that got boring fast, leaving him in his pit of utter boredom again.

like he always did when he was bored, he found himself staring at the clouds once again, watching as they floated through the blue sky. his mind wandered to how the others were doing, especially with how percy, arcana, jason and piper were doing with bacchus at topeka 32. he hoped him and jason saving the wine god's leopard would give them some leverage with the god. even if it didn't, he didn't regret saving dina the leopard.

looking at the clouds, it gave him a chance to finally reflect on everything that had happened. so much had happened so fast, everything was going at mach 10 (thousand). everything felt so strange. he had his brother. he had a boyfriend. he had an odd semblance of confidence in himself. he had four new friends (he hoped so). he had a pet gryphon. he was on a trireme with a freaking dragon head. everything was so strange.

his mind wandered to reyna. they always had a weird relationship, but they were still friends. he cherished that friendship. it reminded him of the protective nature she had when it came to him, though it made him cringe at how helpless he once was. he hoped that after this whole war, reyna could hear him, jason, and arcana out and they could go to the pizza place they loved like they used to before all this mess, just with even more friends.

he was about to go deeper down memory lane when annabeth called him down. he made his way towards them, and walked with them, providing them power so they could run the tests they needed to on the argo. though, as it went along, things got odder.

leo seemed to be extremely interested on how gale's powers worked. seeing as it was something he had only discovered recently (though, looking back on it, he had always had it. he remembered the times electricity would dance around his fingers when he felt strong emotions. only now he's learned how to weaponize it and use it to his advantage) he gave leo a somewhat limited explanation. though, that only intrigued the son of hephaestus.

running tests on the argo soon turned into running tests on gale. often times leo would ask gale to power something from a body part other than his hands. first it was placing a plug on the top of his head. then on his shoulder. then on his ankle. then on his abdomen. annabeth had told leo to stop, though that only indulged his curiosity even more.

"gale," leo had said, thrusting a plug in his direction. "put this up your nose."

"you're kidding."