Chapter Eight~ A Trip to The Hospital

・゚: *・゚:* 💎 *:・゚*:・゚

After splashing water on his face in the bathroom, Minho came out to see Kareena shifting uncomfortably as a masked man was towering over her, trapped between both his arms.

Oh man, I knew I shouldn't have left her alone. He thought as he hastily ran over to check on her.

As he approached the bar, he could hear her rejections towards him. Unfortunately, the man couldn't take the answer, no.

Huffing his chest, he folded his arms over it. "What do you think you're doing?" Dropping his arms, Minho used them to grip the stranger's shoulders, pulling him away from her. Still holding him, harshly, he turned him to face him. The man instantly recognized the duel-coloured eyes glaring at him.

When Kareena noticed the anger in Minho's voice and the glowering that followed, she jumped from the barstool. Tugging at his sleeve, Minho stepped back without hesitation. Urging him to back away, she rested a hand on his chest, she could feel his heart beating rapidly beneath his tough and firm exterior. "Nothing was happening! There's no need to get angry. This man was just leaving." Looking down, he met her eyes, the pure genuinity and beauty that shone in them made him nervous. Unclenching his fists, Kareena dropped her hands, showing him a soft smile of her appreciation

Hearing footsteps, Minho looked up to see the 'stranger' leaving to get lost in the crowd. "That's right, keep walking, pal!" Minho called out. Which made Kareena flutter her eyes and giggle.

As the two sat back down, Kareena finally felt like she could breathe. Letting out a sigh of relief she turned to Minho, lifting her head to smile at him. "I'm sorry, I could usually handle things like that by myself. But in this case, I felt very overwhelmed and you were nearby, so thank you." She nervously rushed and mumbled out her sentence.

Smiling down at her, he gave a bit of a chuckle at her over appreciation, his face darkened when he realized. "So this sort of thing happens to you a lot?"

Nervously shifting her weight from side to side on the stool, she looked at her feet. "A lot more than I'll ever admit." Her vague answer was enough of an admission for Minho to get the picture.

Seeing it was a sensitive topic, he decided not to pester her about it. "I hate that... the way people think they have more of a right over someone else. Whether it's who you are, what you own, everyone seems to think respect is something they deserve when it's really something they earn!" he slammed his clenched fists on the table as he hung his head down in shame, it was clear to Kareena that this was a sensitive topic to him.

Watching his head hang, chest heave, and sweat drip down his neck she held out a bottle to him. "Uhm... did you maybe want some of my water? It might help calm your nerves?" Minho turned his head to see the petite girl holding her half-empty travel-sized water bottle out to him.

He simply stared at her, when there was no answer her face flushed from embarrassment and she began rambling. "Oh, if it makes you feel any better I don't have any type of contagious sickness or venereal diseases. Oh, what am I thinking? You probably want your own water bottle, not some strangers." Her mind went into overdrive as she set the water bottle back on the counter and held her head with both her hands.

"What? No! Of course, that's not what I'm thinking." He waved his hands in front of her defensively, but that only made her feel worse. Making a quick decision to stop her from getting the wrong idea, he grabbed her water bottle. "Here look," In one large gulp, he swallowed the water in its entirety.