Chapter Thirty-Three~ Drugs Inebriate Even the Strongest Heroes

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 💎 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

⚠️Trigger Warning⚠️

⚠️Violence, Drugs, Sexual Assault⚠️

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 💎 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Kareena was holed up in an empty hallway, far away from the party. Her back was against the cold wall and her knees were huddled close to her chest to keep warm. The tears calmed down from full streams to just drops- it was lucky that her makeup was waterproof.

She couldn't help the feelings that bubbled inside her. Even though what Serafina said was untrue, it didn't hurt her any less. If Serafina thinks it, all of her followers do too.

Not only that, after remembering that Serafina was locking lips with Sean Callington, she just couldn't do it. She had to get out of there.

What was she supposed to do?

Tell him?

Keep it from him?

The answer was obvious, but there were so many different scenes playing out in her head.

What if he didn't believe her?

What if he accused her of being a liar or jealous?

What if he did believe her, what then?

There were so many questions running through her head and only one way to get an answer. However, Kareena wasn't sure if she wanted to hear it.

All of her thoughts stopped when a shadow cast over her. Wiping her eyes, she looked up to see Nathan in front of her.

Kareena was flooded with disappointment, but then again, who was she expecting? Jin? Minho?

"It should be a crime for beautiful girls to be upset." He started the conversation.

"Ha!" Kareena snorted. She wasn't positive if it was a joke or not, all she did know was that it made her laugh.

"Here." He held out a glass to her. "I saw you run in here a while ago, thought you might get thirsty."

With a soft smile at the gesture, Kareena took the glass from his hands- unaware of his sinister motives. "Thank you." Looking down at the clear liquid, she swirled it, watching it ripple.

With so much clouding her mind, it took her a minute to realize her throat was dry. Must've been all the crying, oh well. In one large gulp, she swallowed the contents in its entirety.

"Ah." She let out a satisfying sound as the liquid cooled her throat. "I really needed that."

"Want to tell me what's going on?" Nathan said, taking the spot next to her. Kareena turned her head, smiling at him sillily.

"You're really sweet, you know that?" She couldn't stop giggling as she poked his nose.

"No one's ever told me that, no." Nathan smirked, his tongue going over his bottom lip ever so slightly when he saw the drug starting to take effect.

"Brrrr," Kareena let out, rubbing her shoulders for heat. Nathan couldn't help but laugh at her as he slid his black jacket off his shoulders and onto hers.

"Come on." He said, standing up and holding his hand out to her.

Steadying herself as she stood to her feet, she yelled out, "Where are we going?"