Chapter Forty Four.

I know some of y'all are gonna be upset that this chapter is so small but it is what it is lol y'all don't understand how many of you guys are in my DM's begging me not to end the story so this is me stretching it out as much as I can because let's face it my babies it is coming to end really soon so I'm trying to make these last chapters the best I can write 😩 it's late like always so please ignore all the typos & goodnight from my side of the world , I hope you guys enjoy this little guy ❤️

******

Hailey's POV

I wake up for what feels like to be the 10th time in the same room, same bed.

I've been here one too many times to not know that it's a hospital room, a hospital bed, only this time I'm the one in it. I'm not visiting my mom, my dad, boyfriend, friend, I'm the patient.

I wake up with the same nagging headache that I have been waking up with, only this time I don't feel so groggy, so out of it, it's not a constant trouble to keep my eyes open. The same pain from before is still there, my entire body hurts, but not as bad as it did before though, I feel like I can genuinely take a deep breath without crying.

I look down at my hand as a small sharp pain shoots up my arm and notice that two of my fingers are in splints, they're completely wrapped in gauze as it wraps up around most of my hand, flashbacks of the pain are instantly flooding my head and a soft beep next to me is getting louder and faster.

It's the heart monitor that's hooked up to me, it's sitting right next to the bed, and it's starting to beep like crazy as my anxiety attempts to take over. I remember everything, I remember the pain, the tears, the fear, the betrayal, everything.

One second I'm looking up at Isaac as he carries me in his arms, desperately trying to find a way out of the house, and the next I'm waking up in a hospital room with a bunch of blur faces surrounding me hoping that I wouldn't remember a damn thing that happened, but everything counties to play vividly in my head.

I quickly try to take control of my breathing, afraid of waking up my dad.

He's sitting to the left of my bed, slouched asleep in a chair.

Thankfully he doesn't move and remains asleep and I'm releasing the breath of air that I hadn't realized I was holding.

Tearing my gaze away from him I start to roam the room and look over at the small dresser-like medical cabinet/desk in front of me.

It's pressed against the wall with multiple flowers in vases and stuffed animals, I instantly feel myself starting to calm down. I wish that I could get up and go see everything personally, check what's from who, unfortunately I can barely move at the moment without being in emencing pain.

My heart immediately begins to flutter when I find Isaac lying asleep on the couch on the right side of the room. He's lying on his back with his arm draped over his eyes, blocking off the bright light that was most likely bothering him, the couch is set right against the window.

I notice that he has his AirPod in his ear and begin to wonder if he's actually asleep or if he's just listening to music. I continue to watch him sleep for a couple seconds establishing that he's actually asleep because he doesn't move one bit and his chest is rising up and down deeply meaning he's probably in deep sleep.

There's a sudden ache in my chest at the thought of him that instantly makes me want to cry, it feels like it's been forever since I've seen his face, heard his voice, felt his touch, a part of me wants to wake him but I don't dare utter a sound, he probably hasn't slept in days knowing him.