Chapter Fourteen

A/N: This is where things take a turn ;)

The sex is over and you and Billy are both dressing respectively. You brush your hair as your eyes come to a rest on on the telephone on the nightstand. It puzzles you as a stark revelation crosses your face. You turn to Billy who sits on the floor, putting on his trainers. "Who did you call?"  you ask.

"What?"

"When you're arrested, you're allowed one phone call. Who'd you call?" you ask, trying not to sound suspicious.

"I called my dad."

"No, Sheriff Burke called your dad. I saw him."

"Yeah... and when I called he didn't answer," Billy said. "Uh-huh," you said, putting the brush on the nightstand. 

"You don't still think it was me, do you?"

"No, but if it were you, that would have been a very clever way to throw me and Sidney off track. Using your one phone call so I wouldn't think it was you." Billy stands up and leans over you. 

"What do I have to do to prove to you that I'm not a killer?" As he says this, from the open balcony doors, Ghostface comes. You see him immediately and scream. Billy tries to calm you, oblivious to the advancing Ghostface that's right behind him. "BILLY, WATCH OUT. HE'S BEHIND YOU!" you scream. 

Billy barely turns as a long steely blade rises high in the air. It strikes down with force, hitting his chest as blood sprays the air, splattering over the walls. Red crimson blood splatters across your face as the knife thrusts in and out of Billy who tries hard to put up a fight but it's useless. His body falls to the ground, lifeless. As Ghostface watches Billy's body come to a still before quietly, calmly turning his attention to you. You let out a scream and sob uncontrollably. The love of your life, soulmate, best friend was now gone. Dead. Murdered. You stand up, numb, scared to death as tears pour down your face and onto the blood soaked floor. 

When Ghostface takes a step forward, you break. You take off like a rocket, leaping over the bed and out of the door. You tear out the door and down the hall, coated in Billy's blood. Ghostface catches up with you, grabbing hold of your collar. You pull away from him, your shirt ripping down your back. Your hand finds a door knob and you go for it, pulling it open. You move quickly inside, locking it frantically behind you, tears still coming down your soft cheeks. 

There's total darkness and you can't see anything. Your hands search the wall for a light switch. The door knob turns, the lock holds as the door is nearly shaken by it's hinges and then, nothing. All goes silent apart from your heavy, rapid breathing. Trembling and shaking, you reach above your head, feeling the low ceiling until you find a string. You pull it as a lightbulb switches on overhead. You're in a small box of a room. The door is on one side, a small, narrow staircase on the other. You eye the door knob, then the staircase, contemplating, but it's an easy decision. 

There's no way in hell you were going up the attic. You unlock the door and push on it but it won't give. You push on it again. You soon realise it's locked from the other side. You slam your fists on the door angrily and visibly shake. You turn to the staircase, blood trickling down your knuckles for punching so hard. 

~

A long, deserted country road. In the distance, a flashlight beams ahead, the only light in the dark night. Gale and Dewey can be heard. "So is Dewey your real name?"

"Dwight. Dewey was something I got stuck with a long time ago."

"I like it. It's.... sexy."

"Nah.. it's just this town's way of not taking me serious."

"What about Gale Weathers? I sound like a meteorologist." They walk closely, side by side, flirtatiously. Gale is surprisingly nervous. 

"People treat me like the Antichrist of television journalism," Gale said. "I don't think you're so bad," Dewey replied and Gale smiles. 

"Are all the local boys as sweet as you?" Dewey blushes. He starts to say something when headlights appear behind them. They both spin as two cars loaded with kids come racing right at them. Dewey grabs Gale and pushes her right off the road, just as the cars speed by, oblivious to them. In the ditch, Gale lands face up with Dewey right on top of her unintentionally. He steals a glance in her eyes before rolling off her. 

"You okay?" Dewey asks but Gale doesn't seem to listen. Something's attracted her attention. "What's that?" Dewey looks to where Gale points. He finds the flashlight and aims it into the bush. The tail end of a car is just visible.

"Looks like a car." Dewey helps her up and they move to it. He shines the flashlight on the plates but it's already obvious. It's the same car Neil Prescott drove away in one morning. The last time Sidney saw her father.

"Shit. It's Neil Prescott's car," Dewey said.

"Sidney's father?"

"We gotta get back, Jesus. He's here. What the fuck is he doing here?"

Dewey panics. He grabs Gale and they rush off down the road.