Chapter 24

The flower curtain was separated by Hania from Alisha's side and Saleem from Jawad's side.

And the eyes of the newly wedded couple locked.

Hazel met chestnut.

The longing in each other's eye was evident, even to a blind man.

They had found their other half.

And now, with the Nikah complete, they both have become full, complete.

Alisha couldn't take the intensity of his stare and lowered her eyes, but his gaze remained on her as he was thanking the One above with all with all his heart for making her his.

Out of nowhere, his body was jolted forward and when he turned to shout at the person who did it, Sufiyan, he saw all his friends stood there pointing at his bride and shooting him glares.

"What?" He whispered, clearly annoyed that they were ruining his moment.

"You're taking forever man, hurry up!" One whispered back.

"Yeah! The food's getting cold."

"I'll deal with you lot later," Jawad threatened and saw Alisha smiling with amusement twinkling in her eyes.

He took a step towards her, and she immediately locked eyes with him.

He made his way in front of her and was going to place his head on top of her hijab clad head, when she flinched backwards.

"It's me," he whispered, reassuring her.

She slowly straightened her back and looked him straight in the eye, confused. She blinked a couple of times and the flicker of recognition took over her eyes. When Jawad saw this he placed his hand on the top of her head, closed his eyes and began reading the dua he had memorised for this day, moment and second.

The guests of the event looked at the couple in awe.

The paak love that the two held for each other was unfathomable and profound.

The man stood tall with his hand on his bride's head. Both of them had their eye's closed in ecstasy. A euphoric moment that the both of them didn't want to end.

His lips moving whilst reciting the dua for only the two of them to hear. Her lips were etched into a smile.

They were in their own little bubble of bliss.

Contentedness and peace had finally reached the pair for what is meant for you will reach you even if it's beneath two mountains, and what's not meant for you won't reach you even if it's between your two lips.

Jawad opened his eyes and lifted his hand, he had completed reading. Alisha opened her eyes when she felt lack of warmth on her head and yet again they had an intense eye lock.

They wished to tell each other all that was in their heart, but they let their eyes do the talking for the eyes were the window of the soul.

He slowly lowered himself to her level maintaining the eye contact, and smiled at her. His beaming smile made her smile as she waited for him to get the words off his tongue.

"Thank you for accepting me." A slight pause. "I won't ever give you a reason to shed a tear because of me." He grasped her hand softly and placed it on his heart, "I promise with all my heart that I'll never give you the pain that you've experienced in the past. I promise I'll try and help you heal."

And with that he placed a chaste kiss upon her forehead.

A small indication of the large amount of love he had for her.