二十四

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

❛𝐑𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐤❜

AN UNFORGETTABLE SIGHT stood before you, donning the familiar purple and black pattered nagagi kimono and the similar scar mark on his forehead and his right jaw. His eyes were cold as before and his stoic face held no surprise at your appearance. The field around you was the same as the field you once "dreamt" about, though wider than before.

You looked at him with slightly widened eyes, not expecting him to be here, nor you as well. What did he mean? You thought to yourself. No, rather, why am I here?

"That is the least of your concerns. How are you not doing what is made of the cleansing ritual?" He asked back with a never—changing stoic expression. "A cleansing ritual is made to make one's body and mind free from grime and troubles, yet you... are a hypocrite."

"What...?"

"Even then, till now, you are one. How do you expect to improve?" He was now walking towards you, his figure towering over you with each step he takes. "How can you be better by doing nothing? Even worse, regressing?"

"Regressing?" You tightened your jaw. How... how can he say such things? You trained through night and day to improve yourself so that not only you are capable of protecting yourself, but the kids as well—Tanjiro, Nezuko, Zenitsu, and Inosuke. You did not exhaust yourself to the brink of breaking down to be called a hypocrite and a regressor.

The man sighed heavily.

"You still do not know why. I'm disappointed that you are my kin, yet incapable of doing the simplest of things."

Kin...?

"Sit." The moment the word left his mouth, your body moved by itself and settled into a cross-sitting position. Your hands were placed on your lap and your back straightened, as though you were meditating. The man sat in the same position as you and looked at you with a strict look before speaking, "In the end, I have to guide you."

"Hold on—" You intercepted. "What do you mean by I am your kin? Who are you?"

The man did not answer. He stayed quiet, looking at you with a judging stare. He seemed to be debating on something before he opened his mouth. "The moon is your answer, as well as the success of its country it shines down."

"Huh—?"

"Moving on, sit properly." As soon as he said so, you fixed your posture to be as same as his. You thought to defy and move on your own, but somehow you felt that... you don't want to? You suddenly felt compliant.