Rescue

Chapter 7: The Rescue

"Clear the way for me." The tables were turned. Instead of Whitebeard in the back while Sakura in the front, it was Whitebeard whose leading their army.

"I have no choice." Cold mist released off Aokiji's as he jumped, uncrossing his arm to extend five streams of snow, freezing Whitebeard on his attempt to attack. As if he saw it coming, Whitebeard simply vibrated, breaking the ice that shackled him.

"Oh my my, vibration can't be frozen." Aokiji once again, repeated the same move but with slight variations. Before he could attack, he got stabbed.

"Stabbed with Haki?"

"Did it kill Aokiji?"

Sakura just stayed out of it knowing she can't fight him. Aokiji was a logia user and she's able to figure that out because smoker needed haki too. If he's logia then what is Luffy and the others? She was missing information.

"No! Don't be ridiculous." Aokiji remained unbothered. A single touch of his hands were freezing the sword in his chest. He prepared a four partisan weapon, hovering it an "X" outline but Jozu reenacted what he did with Kizaru, leaving Aokiji as nothing but ice pieces. Those pieces just regrew back to it's original form.

A substitution jutsu? Sakura thought humourously. His ability would fit well as a kekkai genkai.

"Oyaji, you can go ahead." Jozu got down on one knee, out of respect to his captain, glaring at Aokiji, whose mouth leaked blood. He must have used haki.

"I'm counting on you." Whitebeard gave a small nod to Jozu, entrusting the fight to him.

Sakura finally finished healing. It was time for her to join the battle. She picked the snail back to what remained of her holster.

"Oars, we will need you later so rest for now." She patted his head and felt a bit of shame that she didn't have her shoes to protect her. On the bright side, she can go full strength without having to worry about losing their footing.

"Everyone get out of the way." Sakura clapped catching some of the pirates attention to her.

"Sakura-san?" Her hand were glowing green which meant she will do something. No longer questioning her decision, they quickly got out of the way. "I haven't done this in a really long while, shannora!"

The hit was enough to split the ground, allowing marines to fall, some getting hit by debris. The execution platform tilted from the power but Akainu gripped it back to its place, melting the iron to make sure it stood strong. He then used his ability to close the gap in the ground while Aokiji followed it up with his ice to cool off the boiling heat to recreate the pavement, letting the steams blind their vision.

She cursed knowing she can't target the platform anymore because they will continue to interfere but she promised if she ever left this place, she will make sure it will be in destruction.

"Her strength! I can't get over how someone so small can be like third commander!" The pirates were imaging her then Jozu, her then Jozu... they wouldn't want to mess with her even if she did look cute.

"Now where's Luffy?" Sakura asked. His presence helped her feel at ease. If he wasn't here, she felt like something is missing. He was the idiot she needed.