chapter .13

y/n pov ;

i was very out of breath i mean i pretty much just ran for like 10 minutes

"miss lovegood" i turn around to see professor McGonagall " i'm afraid i don't come with good news, professor Dumbledore would like to see you and your sister in his office. follow me"

i follow her past all the classrooms up the winding stairs to his door.my sister is already in there i'm the oldest yet luna always has her shit together better than me .

Dumbledore calmly says " do you want the good or bad news first "

"bad " i say sitting down 

"ok" he says i'm actually starting to panic he is never this   ...  energy-less " im very sorry to inform you your biological dad has passed away "

all the color drains from my face the words become a blur of apologies , nothing matters not anymore i can't live without him or luna i don't know what to do why did this have to happen.

Dumbledore continues "this is why he sent you to school y/n , he knew he was dying he wanted you to find others to rely on other then him and luna, which brings me onto the good news "

" i don't think much can be good after that " i say 

"hmmm" Dumbledore mumbles "in his will he wished for me and professor McGonagall to become your legal guardians and the ministry luckily approved it "

" can we call you mom and dad " luna asks 

" of course you can " says dumbledore 

" i would like that " i say " will our last names change"

" if you want " 

" yes " luna says " i loved my dad very much but changing my last name will  help me move on"

" i agree " i reply " but will our last names be yours or professor McGonagall's"

" not mine" he says " as much as i would love that you are legally signed under professor McGonagall , cause she got there first" 

"okay may we leave now " luna says 

i walk out to see riddle punching cedric " omg " i shout everything goes silent.

here comes the speech  

everyone looks at me " how very dare you riddle what has cedric ever done to you , you hate him for no reason at all and don't tell me he started it because we both know he didn't"

"you know what " mattheo starts " your life is so perfect so don't get at me for who i hate when the one i clearly hate is you "

" perfect" i say getting louder " i just got told that i was sent here because my dad knew he was fucking dying and now he's dead and my new parents just happen to head and deputy head of this school , you know how much pressure im gonna have to be perfect, look perfect " i say now walking towards him" act perfect " getting closer with every word "get perfect grades, be the  fucking perfect girl "

mattheo pov ; 

20 minutes before ;

im casually walking through the halls when i hear something that breaks my heart 

" cho you know i really like you, i'm only dating y/n for a bet im getting 100 galleons out of it"

its cedric i cant believe him even if she is my worst enemy no one deserves to be treated like that. 

"hey cedric " i shout he turns around i punch him straight in the face . a crowd starts gathering

*he kicks me*

* i punch him*

*he pulls out his wand and hits me with a spell*

* i kick him  and get out my wand *

* he punches me*

* i hit him with a spell*

* he kicks me again *

* i punch him again* then y/n walks out oh shit i think this isn't gonna look good for me.

back to present time

i step back , a tear falls down her cheek before she runs off .

"that was a bit harsh on you mate " blaise says

" no no it wasn't " i say before walking away why do i feel bad not for what i did or said but what she felt . 

"lovegood"

"that's not even my name anymore its Mcgonagall now " she cries " i spent my whole life trying to be what everyone else wanted this year i thought fuck them but thata not gonna work anymore "

......

" you should go" she whispers 

"gladly i say"