27

Melody and Alexander easily fell into a natural rhythm together. She fit in with the pack so seamlessly, that by Tuesday it was like she had always been here. Alexander was happy to see her spending time with other pack members, having what looked like serious conversations at a distance she assumed he wouldn't be able to hear. He could have, if he focused, but she looked like she had a secret, and he wanted to see what she was up to. So he specifically gave her privacy as long as she was on pack territory. Where it was safe.

The same could not be said for at school. She was now under constant protection from the pack. Just in case someone tried to use her to get to Alexander, or one of her family members tried something. He at least had been open and told her that someone from the pack would likely be watching her at all times from now one while she was at school. After everything she has been through, being honest with her was the least he could do for her.

He liked this routine with her. Waking up next to each other, getting ready and going to school. Meeting back up at the end of the day and heading home together to eat with family and friends, relax before starting it all again. It all just felt right. Being with her. There was no time he didn't look at her without feeling a burning desire. They talked more about mates and marking each night. In between more heavy petting under the sheets.

On Thursday morning, she looked nervous, after we had finished getting ready in the morning. He asked her what was on her mind, she asked, "Could we take my bike to school today and maybe I could bike back here after school?" he could smell how nervous she was, like she was worried I would say no. "It's supposed to be warm today, and it wont be long before its snowing. I just want to fit in a few more rides before winter." she spoke quickly, her words slurring together as she rushed to say it all.

"'Course baby. I know you like to bike to clear your head, and you're right you probably wont get too many more days before the snow comes." Her smile was radiant as she kissed his cheek before bouncing out the door to pack them a lunch. While she packed lunch, he went and got her bike set up on on the rack on his jeep for her. She met him in the garage, tossing a protein bar as a road snack his way. They headed to school together like they did every morning now.

At the end of the day, Alexander met Melody in the parking lot by the jeep. He lifted it down for her, and watched as she snapped her helmet on. She tossed him her bag, since she wouldn't need it on her ride. He kissed her lips, bidding her to be safe, and left in his jeep to wait for her at the pack house. It took him no time to reach their home, and she had been right, the weather was unseasonably warm for November today. He decided to sit on the front step in a comfortable wooden lounger to wait for her.

Thirty minutes later, he saw her peddling down the long country driveway. Hair windswept and flowing behind her, cheeks rosy from the cold breeze on her skin, and a wide happy smile on her face. She parked her bike in the garage and all but ran towards him, leaping into his arms. Legs wrapping around him as he grabbed her to hold her up, her lips were chilled as she kissed him. He held her closer, sharing some of his high body temperature to warm her up after the chilly November ride.

"The roads here are so pretty! So many evergreens, and I think I saw lots of berry and apple trees! It must be so pretty in the spring!" She chatted gregariously with him about her ride the whole way back to her room. He loved hearing her so happy and excited. She was so easy to make happy, all it took was a 30 minute bike ride and she was filled to the brim with joy. At the door to her room, she again looked nervous, just as she had this morning. "I need umm a little time to myself. Would it be ok if I just met up with you for dinner?" She was nibbling on her lower lip, Alexander was practically dying of curiosity to know what she was up to. But she looked so sweet, and happy that he just sighed and let her know that he thought he could survive without her by his side for one afternoon. He gave her butt a little tap as she entered her room, before turning to go...somewhere.

He decided to spend his afternoon in the gym, he had been neglecting his training since Melody had come to stay in the pack house. It was good for them to spend some time apart as well, important that they maintained their own space and interests. It would help keep their relationship healthy over their hopefully long long lives. Alexander entered the gym with a dreamy smile on his face as he headed to the weight rack.

As soon as Alexander had walked down the hallway and was out of sight, Melody started to scamper and scramble around her room, pulling small bags and boxes from hiding places to get ready for her surprise. The weather was good, and she had been working hard to get everything together. She used her new phone to send a message, letting Alec know her plan was a go tonight, and could he spread the word to everyone that they should avoid the north walking trail and the cabin she had set up.

She had felt so awkward when she asked to meet with Alec a few days ago. She had asked him if there was somewhere that her and Alexander could spend a night alone, away from the entire pack. The smile he had given her let her know that he knew exactly what she was up to. But he didn't bat an eye, even when she blushed crimson. The pack lands were apparently much larger than Melody had guessed and he let her know that there were several cabins hidden in the woods for guests who preferred or needed more privacy. Along with a hidden village of family homes in the south woods. He had given her a map, and Alexander's friend and cousin had helped her find her way to the cabin.

The cabin was well maintained, a simple one room affair with a cute pot belly wood stove, a small kitchenette, and one large bed. It was perfect. Andrea and Josh had helped her mark a trail with white ribbons from the bench where Alexander had first told her about his wolf, all the way to the cabin. It wasn't a long hike, but Melody didn't trust herself to be able to follow the trail in the moonlight when it was time for her plan.

Today was the day. She grabbed her bag of supplies and ran to the trail, leaving a bag with clothes underneath the bench. Then she continued on to the cabin, knowing her time was short before Alexander would be looking for her. Someone had recently cleaned the cabin and put clean linens on the bed. The buffalo plaid woolen blanket looked cozy and rugged. Melody filled up the mini fridge with soda, snacks and things for breakfast tomorrow. Next she brought out all the candles she could get her hands on and set them up around the room. She loaded the pot bellied stove up, so all that was needed was to light the small bundle of paper in the center of the wood to get a roaring fire going. She didn't light the candles yet, not wanting to risk a fire. She had already discussed her plan with Andrea, after dinner the she wolf would run here, and light the fire and candles before heading back to the main house before she was missed. Finally Melody put a box of condoms in the drawer of the bed side table. Everything was perfect. Tonight was going to be the night.