Family Tree

"Have fun?" Claire asked as she was packing her things.

"Your leaving?" Geralt asked as she sighed.

"Well yeah! I'm not staying here any longer. I know several ways of getting getting our of here," she informed.

"I think your father was right you are being selfish," Geralt said as she froze.

"Excuse me?!" She asked looking at him angerily.

"You heard me, people care about you and you are letting your parents win in the process,"he explained.

"You really think anyone cares for me? You are a funny witcher, no one does. My parents want more children and I won't give them any because I know how painful this curse is. Have you ever felt your blood boiling? Felt every bone break everyone you transform into a tiny furry beast. I learned not to scream when I turn, I learned not to cry when I can't move due to the pain. The blood that comes from my eyes isn't tears but my blood looking for a way out due to the pressure of it being in my body. One of my aunts exploded due to the pressure of the curse. This curse is painful and I for one don't want it to continue. I'm lucky my brother can't have children because he got kicked in the balls by a angry horse when he was a teenager," she explained.

"Well I care and I will break your curse," Geralt stated.

"No one has done it in three hundred years so good luck witcher. I'll be in the town we met in, same run down inn to," she muttered as she continued to pack.

He watched her for a bit before going to the library and seeing as if there was something about the curse there. On the way he caught an ungodly sight of her brother fucking one of the maids in the hallway. Apparently her brother new no shame at all. He went to the library and and didn't know where to even start. So he started to look threw family history.

"The curse started three hundred years ago. Would have been nice to actually have a family tree book around here," he muttered as he thought for a moment.

The study...where the fuck was he going to find that? He sighed weakly then a book was thrown at him. It hit him making him turn around annoyed.

"I thought your wicher senses would kick in," Claire informed.

"Does it look like I can just catch stuff when I'm not paying attention?" He asked.

"Does it look like I'm an expert on witchers? Also your friend is fucking one of my maids," she informed.

"Saw your brother fucking one to out in the open," he said picking up the book.

"Figures can't keep his dick in his pants for more then five minutes at a time. Wish I wasn't related to them," she sighed as he flipped threw the book.

"Family is complicated, you did not chose your blood line but that doesn't make them family. You can chose to make it how ever you wish. My brothers are witchers, before we went threw the process we weren't a family but now we are even if we want to kill each other sometimes," he said as he paused.

He saw a drawing of a woman that looked exactly like Claire, in fact they even had the same name.

"Claire Lewis, First queen of the Lewis family. This can not be coincidence,who named you Claire?" Geralt asked as she shrugged.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because you look exactly like the first queen. There is barely anything here on her, have any of her journals?" He asked as she chuckled.

"Why would I have her journals?" She asked.

"Because she was the first to get the curse and I need to know how she got it. She married at twenty one. Had two sons and one daughter. It doesn't tell me much about them except the two sons died in battle the princess died peacefully at twenty one. She also had three children two sons, one daughter... How many children did your parents have?" He asked.

"Two," she answered.

"No there is a third but not by the same woman. Your mother can't have any more children can she?" He asked.

"No, after me she couldn't have anymore they tried everything," Claire informed.

"This curse is a lot more complex then I thought. It isn't just effecting you it's effecting everyone. The women that marry the into your blood line become sterile after having a girl. The boys die horrific deaths. War or something else, I think that's the reason you don't like men in your cat form especially your family. They have the mark of death on them and they are human. I'm not hence why you come to me. It's not just your personality it's the curse itself. I think the curse is actually making you hate men but why have a curse so complex pass down threw so many generations?" He asked.

"So the reason I hate men is because of my curse. The reason I hate men in my cat form is because I know they are marked for death and I hate all humans in that state because of this oddly specific curse says to hate all humans?" She asked.

"How did you get such a nasty curse and who gave it to you and why?" He asked as he looked at the drawing and she was smiling back at him.

"A jealous witch?" Clare suggested.

"All she had to do was convince the king to marry her a simple spell could easily do that," he informed.

"You better not put a spell on me witcher," she said crossing her arms.

"You are not my type and I like your cat better. Much softer, nicer, also doesn't talk back or throw things at me," he said making her smile.

"Come on now, I can be nice when I feel like it," she chuckled.

"As nice as a rattle snake," he said with a smirk.

Claire chuckled but it turned into a cough quickly. Blood landed on the floor and she couldn't breathe. Geralt when to her side as she was heaving blood onto the floor.

"Breath threw your noise not threw your mouth," Geralt said as he helped her sit down on to the floor.

There was so much blood and it didn't seem like it was going to stop. Her dress was getting covered in blood and she still couldn't breathe. She was suffocating on her own blood.

"Fucking hell," he said as he had to get her on her hands and knees hoping it was going to stop and after a couple of minutes it did.

Claire looked at him terrified and shaking as she was trying to regain her control over her senses and body. Claire passed out but he caught her. He picked her up and held her close to him as the blood started to soak into the floor. This curse was only going to get worse. He needed answers, he needed to find the eldest son. Each king had two sons and a daughter then they each had three children. Question was how many others were affected by the curse and had no idea? This wasn't about one girl in became about maybe hundreds of people.