12

Nick and I made eye contact, my stomach sinking. You fucking dweeb, you don't repeat things! I thought to myself. But fuck, I couldn't let Nick get pulverized over something I told him. I gave him a nod as I inhaled deeply.

"Dylan did it!" Nick yelled, pointing a finger at me. "She told me!" When Judd turned to look, Nick ran off again. I waved nervously. He stomped over to me, his face inches from mine. "Don't ever tell him another god damn thing about me." He hissed quietly before skulking off.

I apologized a few times in person, letters and notes, and in voicemails. He refused to talk to me and I didn't really want to push it, I'd already messed up pretty badly, that was enough. I sat with Leah for a while, talking to her about a little of everything. I had forgotten we were supposed to go to school today but according to Leah, a bad strain of mono was spreading through the school. I couldn't help laugh about it. Normally I'd blame it on the kissing part of "the kissing disease" but it had to be everyone touching the water fountains with their mouths then kissing.

Eventually when lunch came around, Judd had calmed down. I was busy making lunch for everyone and talking to Jay who stood close by. He was wearing one of the new outfits and honestly, it looked nicer. Maybe because it wasn't so holey? Who knows but he seemed happier. I only figured out Judd was open to talking to me when Jay brought up Kurt.

"Yeah, he's super excited for you to come clean again." Jay said as he washed his hands. I'd asked for his help. "Yeah? Why's that?" I asked, trying not to sound as disgusted as I truly was. "He said you do a really good job. And it's true! We can eat in the kitchen now! He likes his room!" I smiled. It was less about Kurt liking my abilities and more of how appreciative Jay always was. "Well, that's good." I responded simply. "Do you like yours?" He looked away from the instructions I'd written out for him. "I love it! The sheets are my favorite part!" I laughed. "I figured."

I heard a scoff from the kitchen entryway. "I'll be sure to get you a maids outfit before you clean again." Judd said, his gruff voice laced with bits of anger. And jealousy? "Maybe a matching lacy panty set?" He added, crossing his arms over his chest. I let Jay finish the rest, all he had to do was put food on plates and set out different toppings and things.

I walked over to Judd as I slipped my apron off. "I'm sorry." I said, keeping a bit of distance between us. "I know you are." He replied coldly. I nodded and turned away, grabbing my plate and setting it in the microwave. I wasn't really hungry now and I didn't want to be social anymore. I slipped past Judd and headed upstairs, locking myself in our bedroom. I made sure the vents were completely screwed in then I covered them with an old blanket.

I sat my phone up onto the nightstand and turned on a YouTube video, closing my eyes and just listening to the sound. Dramatic? Maybe. But all of this truly felt like it would help. It wasn't just dramatics to me. He ended up sleeping elsewhere as I hadn't left the bed since I crawled in it.