Chapter 12: Diplomatic and Happy

Someone gently shook my shoulders and whispered my name. I could hear voices in the background and the closing of car doors. I slowly opened my eyes and found Titus reaching toward me.

"Well good morning to you princess," he smiled and I did my best to sleepily return the gesture.

"We're here?"

"Mhm, we're home. But it's very late. It took longer than expected to reach our territory."

I grunted softly and sat up to rub the sleep out of my eyes. Titus watched me with amusement.

"What?" I grumbled as I got out of the car.

"You're cute when you're sleepy. I am simply admiring you."

I looked around our dark surroundings. It must be very late as there was almost no one around, excluding what I assumed were guards and patrol. I looked toward the end of the driveway at what I would have called a wooden castle. A gigantic log cabin with a wrap-around porch and soft lights presented itself. Outside the main doors appeared a tall blonde man, his shoulders squared with pride and his eyes tracking our every move.

"Is this the packhouse?" I asked Titus.

"No. This is my home. I don't stay in the packhouse. I find there are too many distractions and not enough privacy."

"It's beautiful Titus!"

He looked down at me with nothing more than admiration and placed a lingering but gentle kiss to my lips. "I always hoped my mate would like it," he whispered.

I grabbed his hand as he lead us up to the front door. The blonde man bowed his head deeply, revealing his neck in an act of submission.

"Alpha," he greeted formally.

"Come now Ven, we have never been very formal," Titus chuckled as he pulled the man into a half-hug and touched their foreheads together for a moment.

"We have also never been so informal around guests Titus," Ven looked to me.

"Ah yes, introductions are in order aren't they? Iuvenis, Liana my mate; Liana, Iuvenis my Beta and brother."

Iuvenis spared no time in reaching out his hand, "please call me Ven, everyone does. It's lovely to meet you Liana."

I took his hand in mine, "it's my pleasure."

Ven lifted my hand to his lips and placed a soft kiss on top of it, forcing my eyes to his own very pale green ones. Titus growled at his brother.

"That's friendly enough Ven."

"He's the jealous type," Ven nudged my shoulder and winked. I knew I was going to get along well with him.

"Updates on the pack?" Titus called out from inside.

"Duty calls," Ven sighed and ran inside. I turned to look out over the forest surrounding us. Although it was dark, the moon was shining allowing me to see that it was lush and there were several worn pathways around the house.

Let's go running! Amara all but demanded.

Not tonight Amara, I am tired. We'll go tomorrow with Titus. I closed off the connection between us, refusing to hear any whining or pouting about it.

The wind swept across the forest bringing the sweet scent of pine to me. It was getting chilly so I decided to go inside and adventure around my new home, secretly hoping to find a big soft bed to continue sleeping in.

I stepped in the huge French doors and closed them softly behind me. I turned around to face a large open concept living room with natural wood walls and a very comfortable looking burgundy leather sectional couch and several arm chairs in many different styles. On the far wall there was a large screen and a projector hanging from the ceiling. There was a stylish navy blue rug covering some of the living space. I could see the upstairs from where I was standing, there were several dark doors hidden behind an upper balcony.