IV. Flashbacks Are Fun

Chapter 4, Flashbacks Are Fun
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   " Pretty's on the inside was the fakest crap I've ever heard, nobody gives a damn if you're a sweet kind person. If you're not skinny with a good body and a cute face, you're sent to hell. "

   ~ Xiomara's POV ~

      "Listen chica, we're spending the day at the mall so wear comfortable sneakers."

   I informed Scarlett as I got changed, I heard a chuckle and smiled before hanging up on her.
  In about a week, there was school again so we were going to the mall and buy whatever our hearts desired.
  Recently, I've noticed how a little different Scarlett's been acting, she's been a little secretive but I didn't push it.

   "Papá, I'm going to the mall with Scarlett. We're going back to school shopping, is that alright with you?"

        I always asked for permission although I knew the answer, my father wouldn't ever sent some leave and quiet away from me, jokingly of course.
   Anyways, he allows me to go so I walk to my room and rummage through my closet in hopes of finding something worthy of my body.

   "Díos mío, there's nothing to wear!"

I whine as I toss my head back in annoyance, I walk over to my bed and grab my phone, unsure of who to call, I closed my eyes and clicked on a random contact.
  Without looking, I clicked FaceTime and waited for the person to answer.

   "Ew?"

    I heard a voice speak out, I look down at my phone and roll my eyes playfully.
  Javons chuckles and I sit on the bed.

  "Alright, why'd you call me?"

    He asked as he walked to his room and plopped on the bed, I clicked the small camera button and showed him my outfits.
  I flipped the camera back to me and watched as he tried to think of an outfit combo, we sat their in silence, I promise you that we were staring at each other like '😐'.

  "Butterfly crop with your butterfly jeans, now what type of sneakers we got?"

   Javon gave me the outfit idea, I set my phone on my bed and grabbed the clothing items he called out before returning to my phone and biting my lip slightly.
  If I showed him my sneakers, he would strangle me right then and there, he's a huge sneaker head.

   "I think it's best I just say I don't own anything that looks good with the outfit."

      I told him sheepishly as I went on pause and his my phone under the covers Incase my phone glitched, call if paranoia but I call if safety.
   When I got dressed, I walked to the full length mirror and admired my body in the outfit.

Xiomara's outfit

    I got off pause and showed Javon my outfit, he hyped me up before going all serious mode on me.
   Although I wasn't scared of him, it didn't mean he didn't have an intimidating face.

   "Come over, you can borrow my retro black and white Jordans."

   I smiled at the offer and grabbed my keys from the vanity, I walked out of my room and said my goodbyes to my father but not leaving when I hear Rosalia scream for me to wait.

   "¿Que pasa?"

  (Translation: What happened?)

  "I wanna go with you, I wanna see Javon."

  Rosa told me, I sighed and sat at the couch to wait for her to get changed, I watched as Javon smiled slightly.

  "She definitely has feelings for you."

  I told him bluntly as I waited for my sister to come out of her room, Javon scoffed and hung up on me.
   When my sister finally came out, we walked out of the house and entered the elevator.

    "Yo, you think this looks good on me?"

    I asked as I placed a plaid red skirt over my pants, Scarlett looked at me and nodded her head.
   Like I said, she's been out of it for like a week now.

   "Scar, what's on your mind?"

I asked as I placed the skirt with the rest of our clothes, she looked at me and shrugged her shoulders which made me a little frustrated.
  How do you comfort someone who doesn't wanna be comforted? Or even ask for comfort?

   "Something's bothering you, I can't help you if you don't let me in."

   I stated as I walked over to her, I placed my hand on her shoulder just for her to knock it off and look at me.

   "I'm not a door, I don't have to open up to you or anyone."

   Scarlett snapped, I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at her as if she done disrespected me.

  "Mira muchacha, I'm trying to make sure you're alright. Cut the attitude."

  Changing my tone quickly so she understood that I was serious and that I'm seriously trying to make sure she's okay.

  " Pretty's on the inside is the darkest crap I've ever heard, nobody gives a damn if you're a sweet kind person. If you're not skinny with a good body and a cute face, you're sent to hell. "

   I have no idea what to say to that, I tried thinking of a good response so she didn't think I didn't care.

  "Oh."